Windows Vista SP1 performance in games

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Gamespot have returned to benchmarking Vista now that the service pack has been released. The conclusion states:

Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 is a step in the right direction. Gaming performance increased in comparison to a fresh installation of Windows Vista. Windows XP SP2 provides better overall performance, and remains the place to go for dual-GPU solutions. Windows Vista is not quite the ideal gaming platform yet, but the new OS is getting close to dethroning Windows XP.

To read the full article go here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

On a more personal note I've found that Nvidias latest betas (174.74) are very fast and have got to be the best drivers I've used to date.

Hi Kemical

Just got round to looking at the article.
Am I right in thinking that ATI cards seems to perform better than Nividia in these gaming performance tests??????????.

Hi Superbill,

I checked the values closely and the cards used and I can see why you would think that. One card was missing though, the Nvidia 9800 X2, which is similar to the Radeon HD 3870 X2. Even so it's still a close thing with Nvidia just coming out on top. If the 9800 X2 had been included then it would have looked more in Nvidias favour as this card is a ripper.. I like ATI and wish they could release something akin to nvidia but at the moment this is not the case.(although we are talking a very few frames per second between them) Also it's not just how powerful card releases are, driver support is almost as important and again I feel ATI are not as strong as nvidia in this area.

oh i dont know about dethroning anytime soon especially when microsoft keeps doing dodgey things like delibretly holding back on that directx feature in basic pulling down graphic performance oh if i had a brick

Back
Top Bottom