Windows 7 Sports and Internet TV missing from Media Center Windows 7 x64

vorko79

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600.... Internet TV and Sports are missing from Media Center, I tried to force a guide download but this did not work, I am at a loss..... thanks!:confused:

Thanks for the reply, as i said i am running 64 bit...and there is no Internet TV in the Extras section at the top and theres no Sports section at the bottom at all.. thanks again.. by the way I am also running 32 bit on another machine and both Sports and Internet TV are there and working....they're just missing on my 64 bit machine

Hi Everyone:

I'm experiencing this also. (I'm in the US)

x64: No sports strip in WMC
x86: Sports strip is present in WMC.

Internet TV is present in both.

The weird thing is that when I do a forced update, the log file shows that WMC is updating the sports strip data! I can also see the strip in Media Center Studio but for some reason it just won't show up in the main menu.

Has anyone out there logged a support ticket with Microsoft? If not I will today, I tried a couple of days ago but no luck contacting from Canada :confused:

Same Problem-No Internet TV on 64 bit install

I have a 64bit Windows 7 system and I'm having the same problem. I had internet TV but then I had a failure on a reboot after installing some software. The repair process set me to a point before the software install. After that I loss internet TV in windows media center.

I am running 64 bit home premium and have this issue as well. I've never been able to get the Internet TV option to show up. No connection issues, no firewall issues. Everything that should be enabled is and I've done all the updates. No dice!!! HELP!!

Had to reinstall using custom-XP instructions

I couldn't get Windows Media Center to work so I reinstalled using the XP upgrade instructions using custom. This installs Windows 7 as a clean install and wipes out all of Vista. Now I have internet TV and Netflix back in Windows Media Center. The only thing I had to do was go to devices and upgrade the drivers from the internet for my Happaguage 1600 TV tuner card. I can't play blue ray dvd's. The software for my LG blue ray DVD player still doesn't work....Power DVD Ultra. I guess it is now a waiting game until Cyberlink updates the software to work with Win 7 64bit.

I couldn't get Windows Media Center to work so I reinstalled using the XP upgrade instructions using custom. This installs Windows 7 as a clean install and wipes out all of Vista. Now I have internet TV and Netflix back in Windows Media Center. The only thing I had to do was go to devices and upgrade the drivers from the internet for my Happaguage 1600 TV tuner card. I can't play blue ray dvd's. The software for my LG blue ray DVD player still doesn't work....Power DVD Ultra. I guess it is now a waiting game until Cyberlink updates the software to work with Win 7 64bit.

I'm based in the UK running 32Bit Home Premium. I installed Internet TV on first use and it worked fine for a day or two. Then it stopped working! I can see all of the channel data strips but when I click on any of them (inlcuding Live TV) I get a confirmation 'beep' but stay on the same page.

I contacted Microsoft support in the UK and basically they advised it is a known problem for which there is currently no fix. They will advise me when a fix comes out - I'll wait and see!

I'm based in the UK running 32Bit Home Premium. I installed Internet TV on first use and it worked fine for a day or two. Then it stopped working! I can see all of the channel data strips but when I click on any of them (inlcuding Live TV) I get a confirmation 'beep' but stay on the same page.

I contacted Microsoft support in the UK and basically they advised it is a known problem for which there is currently no fix. They will advise me when a fix comes out - I'll wait and see!

Did you upgrade from Vista or do a XP install which is a clean install? I fixed my Vista upgrade installation by following the instructions for a XP install(on Vista).

The sports strip has started working again for me since my last post. Internet TV is also working although I never lost that in the beginning.

Over at The Green Button, there was a thread that seemed to indicate that you needed to have the automatic download for CD covers and data updates "checked" in order for these features to be enabled. That would seem to make sense since both Sports & Internet TV need to be updated on a regular basis. I had originally turned this setting off because I didn't want Windows messing up my album art. Thankfully, Windows 7 seems to have improved in that area so I can leave the updates on.

Hope this helps.

Hi oneklakes

Thanks for your post.

I have the automatic download for CD covers and data updates "checked". I also clicked on 'Downlaod Now' but still no joy.

All of my strips show the channels available - I just can't go to the next page to view them!

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Just experienced this in Win7 x64, what worked for me to install missing Internet TV, Guide, Netflix, Extras Gallery, etc:

Open an elevated CMD window (run cmd.exe as administrator)

> cd %SYSTEMROOT%\ehome
> start /wait mcupdate -u

I was banging my head against the wall trying to get the sports strip back. Thanks to this thread and oneklakes, I enabled automatic download for CD covers and data updates "checked" IN MEDIA CENTER, not in media player settings. Sports strip is back - with a Ceton 4 Tuner CableCARD & Verizon FiOS. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reading about this problem for a while now and am wondering, does Internet TV require a TV Tuner? It just occured to me that there doesn't seem to be any information about that requirement.

Back