Windows 7 Star Trek Online

NaiyaShamiso

I start playing Star Trek Online not long ago. For the first day or so I could not log on with my Perfect World Entertainment account. I could not understand why, I keep getting invalid password, when I can log on to Perfect World Internatinal just fine. I started thinking that it could be my password is too long for STO. So I went to the PWE website to chang my password. Though while trying to do that, I found that the type current password would not let me put in the last 2 charicters of my password. So I checked the STO and it was doing the same thing. Is it just me or is that some weird spit. STO won't accept my password as a valid password. The PWE change password section won't accept my current password as a valid password. PWI will let me log on with my current password. The PWE website will let me log on with my current password. I know this is not really a Windows question, but I thought you guys might be able to help me with this one. Is this a WTF or am I going crazy:confused:

Try putting in a support ticket or contacting Cryptic, as they are the development studio that still operates the game:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

It's not just cryptic though. Even PWE is messing up. I can never change my password for PWE, because it wont accept a current password long enough. My password is 16 charicters long and the current password feild will only allow passwords up to 14 charicters long. Though the PWE games and PWE website will still let me log on with my current password. It is really weird.

For those wondering, we got it working by resetting the password

I had a STO account way before PWE obtained STO. Now that I have both PWE and STO accounts, I linked my PWE account to STO. So that I can just use one login... and you might have to do the same.

To link both accounts, (it's been awhile) I believe you will have to login to your STO account, and click 'My Account', at the top right corner of the page, then the 'settings' tab.

After linking, you will need to use your PWE account to play STO, however STO will still remember your Cryptic account at the login screen, if you log out to change toons.

The reason I linked my account, I get more Cryptic Points when purchased through PWE, even after the conversion/ratio trade. For $5.00, I can get 800 CP (after conversion from PWE 1000zen), than that of 500 CP for $6.25 directly from Cryptic.

Yes, you can still purchase Cryptic Points separately from PWE, even after linking accounts.

Yes, I am also P.O., since they done away with the free ship token when you reached V.A., which also allowed you to get a free V.A. ships, even those that require you to purchase through the in-game store.

I would have been very happy with another Galaxy class refit.

Yea, the game is neat and fun, just so much real world money involved. I can see if you want the best ship with out having to work for it, but having to level up and then have to pay for it...seems a little escessive to me.

Actually, there is a way to gain some of those spiffy items without spending money... it will just take awhile, lots of farming, pve missions that gives dillithium rewards and dismissing half of your duty officer compliment once you reach max.

Have you seen the new Federation Odyssey ships for Engineer, Tactical and Science? You can combine all 3 enhancements into one ship, and gain a bonus off them. O_O !!!

Back