Windows 10 Start Menu problem

Sushat

Hi guys,

I recently updated my Windows 10 to the November update( ver 1511,10586),and I found that the "Pin to Start menu" and "Resize" tabs are not working.When I right click on any app,I only found the "More" tab only to be functional.

When I went into Settings,I found this(picture attached to the post).Now how do I overcome this problem.
Somebody please help!!!!

Attachments

• Start Menu problem.png
    Start Menu problem.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 418
Hi guys,

I recently updated my Windows 10 to the November update( ver 1511,10586),and I found that the "Pin to Start menu" and "Resize" tabs are not working.When I right click on any app,I only found the "More" tab only to be functional.

When I went into Settings,I found this(picture attached to the post).Now how do I overcome this problem.
Somebody please help!!!!

i would finish updating you have a few more to go since you stopped at November, then see what happens with your issue

i would finish updating you have a few more to go since you stopped at November, then see what happens with your issue
I updated to the latest version.Still the options are not available nor am i able to download anything from the Windows store

Hi,
if your running an Anti Virus application try uninstalling it and just use the default Defender.

Try running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try this troubleshooter from Microsoft:
Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps - Windows Help -

I
Hi,
if your running an Anti Virus application try uninstalling it and just use the default Defender.

Try running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try this troubleshooter from Microsoft:
Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps - Windows Help -
I tried everything,uninstalled the antivirus,ran the commands in the Command Prompt as admin and ran the troubleshooter....but still the problem persists.
When I went into Settings,I found this(picture attached to the post).
Start Menu problem.png

Attachments

• Start Metro apps.png
    Start Metro apps.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 425
Back