Windows 7 Stormrise

Hobbit25

Has anyone been able to get Stormrise to work on Windows 7? The game requires directx 10, and all directx 10 games I have tried so far work on 7 just fine. When I go to install Stormrise it claims my operating system isnt compatible with directx 10 and then closes. Any ideas or am i "Sh** Out of Luck"?

make sure ure video card supports DX10. some DX10 games also support DX9 but not stormrise. its DX10 only

I have a 8800GTS G92, been using it with dx10 games on windows 7. I guess stormrise REQUIRES vista even though windows 7 can do dx10 just fine.

I cant see it just being for vista. Try running in compatability mode for vista. What build of win 7 have you got because if you have got 7057 then you shouldn't really need to run in compat mode. Gta iv even installs and runs without having to anything other than install and play but 7000 build and the others needed you to run in compatability mode. Like i say mate I really cant see it being exclusive to vista because if it is then it is the ONLY game that is. Good luck.

Im running build 7000 and I have tried every single compatibility mode combo including "run as admin". This is literally the first game I have played that dosent work in Win7, I haven't even needed compatibility mode for any games either. I know it requires dx 10 so i can see it being made only for vista but win7 should have no probs running it.

I can guarentee it will work with build 7057. I had to do all kinds of madness with build 7000 for crysis and gta iv etc etc but since installing 7057 they have installed perfect and run perfect. In short its ya build mate.

And as for dx 10 thats exactly wot ur runnin in windows 7 if you have a dx 10 capable card. I know it says dx 11 in windows seven but that will not be implemented until there is hardware and software to support it. So if it is dx 10 able then you should be able to play it in windows 7. Trust me it will work.

Last edited:
That is my Problem: Stormrise will only run on windows vista sp1 or later operating systems please refer to your manual for more details. aborting installation

then tell me how to run the INSTALL at vista sp1

okay i found it...

now lets hope that i am able to play it

Last edited:
you will be able to. you need to keep fiddling im afraid, have you tried compatability mode and run as administrator? If not then do.

Ok, so it doesn't start on 7000 build. But i got 7057 now, and efect is the same:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
I've tried compatibility mode for all files, and running as administrator (which i actually am) and still nothing. Anyone got through this?

Ok, so it doesn't start on 7000 build. But i got 7057 now, and efect is the same:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
I've tried compatibility mode for all files, and running as administrator (which i actually am) and still nothing. Anyone got through this?

what i did to get it working on 7068 was:

right click on setup.exe and choose, Troubleshoot compatibility,

then i selected the 1st option, the one that says, this program used to work/install on a previous version of Windows
and the one that says, the program needs extra permissions to work

on the next screen i chose Windows Vista SP1.

then it worked :) hope it helps :)

Nope, it doesn't work, I've already tried it.
But I've found a way to play the game. Go to CD/DVD-ROM:\Program Files\SEGA\Stormrise\ and run stormrise.exe

To hobit25 I have been having the same problems as you and I have vision build 7100 and as of yet i have found no solution for this problem. i too get a error message saying that : Stormrise will only run on windows vista sp1 or later operating systems please refer to your manual for more details. borting installation. i have also tried to run the setup on administrator and as windows vista sp1 and sp2. can someone please help as i have been trying to sort this problem out for week

Back