Streaming live TV stalls often on any browser

Slash00x

Hi folks, I have been experiencing stalls quite often on Fox channel 57. Discussed with Spectrum support and they said to try another browser. Okay I was on Edge and now even with the latest updated version I still have stalling. I did try Chrome and that still stalls. Spectrum doesn't think that it has anything to do with their system. Is there a software that can monitor what is happening in the background? I am sure it is a problem with Spectrum or Fox network. Does anyone else have this issue?

After the stall I can refresh the page and reconnect okay, I can also change the channels to get back to the station.
Amazon and Netflix stream perfectly! HBO, Showtime also work perfectly!

Thank you,
Slash

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Video is just a stream of data over UDP, so wireshark should be able to see the traffic. UDP is best effort so there's no guarantee of the data like TCP

HannaWhilson

I watch live tv on firestick and I didn't notice any issues. It is more convenient for me as I installed great apps that allow to watch TV channels from around the world for free. Also I have access to a big library of movies and TV shows. Does anyone else use firestick , roku, etc.?