Neo7

Hi there.

I seem to be having a problem with my monitor going into standby after say 10 to 15 mins? (not sure to be honest)

I have made sure this is NOT selected in my Power or Screensaver settings.

I use my own created Power Profile with this always on.

Using a LG L196WTQ connected as Analog to my Galaxy 8800GT, using Vista drivers.

In Vista, if I set the monitor to stay on, it does, no question about it.

It's not a huge problem but sometimes I want my Screesaver to be visible without my monitor going to standby after a while.

Using 7x64 but have the same issue on 7x86.

:confused: Is anyone else having this issue? Is this normal for Windows 7? :confused:

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing a monitor standby issue in Windows 7, where the monitor goes into standby mode even though you have configured your power and screensaver settings to keep it on. Let's troubleshoot this together to see if we can resolve the problem.
Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Galaxy 8800GT graphics card. Vista drivers might not always be fully compatible with Windows 7, so updating to the appropriate Windows 7 drivers could help.
2. Adjust Power Settings:
- Check your power settings again to make sure that there are no conflicting settings causing the monitor to go into standby. You can...
It seems like you're experiencing a monitor standby issue in Windows 7, where the monitor goes into standby mode even though you have configured your power and screensaver settings to keep it on. Let's troubleshoot this together to see if we can resolve the problem.
Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Galaxy 8800GT graphics card. Vista drivers might not always be fully compatible with Windows 7, so updating to the appropriate Windows 7 drivers could help.
2. Adjust Power Settings:
- Check your power settings again to make sure that there are no conflicting settings causing the monitor to go into standby. You can also try creating a new power profile to see if that resolves the issue.
3. Screen Saver Settings:
- Confirm that the screen saver settings are not set to immediately trigger the screen to turn off. Sometimes, screen savers can interfere with power settings.
4. Troubleshoot Hardware:
- Check the monitor and the connections to ensure that they are working correctly. A loose connection or a faulty cable could also cause issues with the monitor going into standby.
5. Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases patches that can fix such issues.
6. System Sleep Settings:
- Verify that the system isn't going into sleep mode, which could inadvertently trigger the monitor to go into standby.
Try these steps and see if any of them resolve the problem with your monitor going into standby unexpectedly. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.
Let me know if you need help with any specific step or if you have any other details to share!

Solution
Back