Windows 7 SVCHOST.EXE (netsvcs) HIGH CPU

Meetloaf13

Hello all,

Receiving very little help on this on other forums I frequent, I thought I'd try here. I hope all of this information does not overwhelm.

Here it goes:
Hello,

The past couple days I've noticed SVCHOST.EXE start going +50 CPU. For the most part it is sustained. I have linked a screenshot of the services that are running under this instance. I am running Win 7 RC. Right now it's not at a 'sustained' 50 CPU like it was last night, but every 3 or 4 seconds, it pops back up to 50 and then down again a few second later, and iterates like that.

I just did a full Avira AntiVir scan with updated signatures, nothing found. I also run Comodo Firewall with Defense+.

3940503861_5838fb5b91_o.jpg

I am looking at the "threads" of the svhost.exe, and it appears that the culprit is ntdll.dll!RtlValidateHeap+0x110 (there are 12 instances, each of which well have over 200,000,000,000 cycles after about 10 minutes of booting up; SCREENIE BELOW).
The stack for one of these threads is this:
ntoskrnl.exe!KeRemoveQueueEx+0x9da
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMutexObject+0x7c9
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMutexObject+0x19f
ntoskrnl.exe!PoStartNextPowerIrp+0x3a4
ntoskrnl.exe!IoGetSfioStreamIdentifier+0x7ad
ntoskrnl.exe!KiCheckForKernelApcDelivery+0x25
ntoskrnl.exe!IoGetConfigurationInformation+0x32b57

Here's the stack of another of the threads:
ntoskrnl.exe!KeRemoveQueueEx+0x9da
ntoskrnl.exe!memset+0x60e
ntoskrnl.exe!CcScheduleReadAhead+0x710
ntoskrnl.exe!RtlEnumerateEntryHashTable+0x311
ntdll.dll!NtOpenKeyEx+0xa
kernel32.dll!LocalAlloc+0x222
kernel32.dll!RegOpenKeyExW+0x153
kernel32.dll!RegOpenKeyExW+0x1d
ADVAPI32.dll!RegOpenKeyExW+0x13

3942948712_f9349686d3_o.jpg

I've tried a Google, but couldn't find anything conclusive. Curious if anyone may know what's up off the top of their head.

Thanks!

Ok,, see this,, if you haven't already.
But i think it might be easier to go back to a previous restore point, start uninstalling recently installed programs, or ultimately reload the OS and keep track of what is installed,, programs, Updates, etc. to see if the problem starts again.

That was my backup plan...I'm no stranger to clean installs, but I was hoping for a quicker solution =]

I'll wait it out for a few more days and see if anyone has a clue.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom