Windows 7 System interrupts eating 100% of CPU

ottdude

I have Window 7 64 bit running on a Gigabyte GeForce 8200 motherboard with a AMD 4850e CPU.
From time to time the CPU usage jumps to 100% and stays there no matter how many processes and services I kill. Checking the Resource Monitor in Task Manager shows that System Interrupts is using the entire CPU.

Have someone else ran into this problem? Any ideas?

Thank you

Is this a new problem and do you use Comodo antivirus? They had a problem this week with a bad definition.
Joe

Thank you Joe for your response but it's not my case.
For me it's happening when I use Grabit to download newsbins. I wonder if it is a driver problem. I restarted the computer in safe mode with networking and I used Grabit for a long period without any issues.
When it's happening there are no threads consuming the CPU but checking the Resource Monitor it shwos the System Interrupts as the culprit.
If it's a driver issue I wish I could determine which one is to blame.

I have seen this before in Vista.

I unfortunately can not remember what the cause was,,, we did find one.

This is most certainly Hardware or Driver related.

It is difficult to tell you exactly where to start.
I would probably start with Audio Drivers,,,, Get them from the manufacturer (get from Realtek if it is reatek, etc).

I would then try video drivers

The all other drivers and Chipset drivers

Also run Hardware Diags
Check Power Supply is not bad.... Take to a shop and have then use a PSU tester on it.

Thanks for yout input Tepid.

Right now I am trying different scenarios by disabling and enabling components in Device Manager.
I am using a wireless usb adaptor to connect to the network and right now I disabled the motherboard LAN and the system is still holding. Only the time will tell me if this was the solution but I will let you know what I find.

Thanks again.

Same situation...

I have been experiencing the same problem. I have tried many things. I have tried both wireless usb and the network card. I can't transfer files to or from my Ipod either. Same problem. I even tried file down loads and transfers to both usb drives and internal drives. This is getting frustrating, as I have some large files that i wish to download.

That sounds like USB problems,.,.. That I would call Mobo (USB hardware problem to be specific) or drivers.

One week later, after playing with disabling all components, the problem still persists. I disabled all network adapters, video adapters, sound devices, tv tuners - nothing, the problem is still there.
Hopefuly, once the windows 7 goes public, more people will run into this problem and somebody will have a look at it.

Same problem here

One week later, after playing with disabling all components, the problem still persists. I disabled all network adapters, video adapters, sound devices, tv tuners - nothing, the problem is still there.
Hopefuly, once the windows 7 goes public, more people will run into this problem and somebody will have a look at it.

I have had this problem recently, while disconnecting my wired lan. Seems to go away during reboot, and continuing to run on wireless only.

I have a feeling it has to do with my Sun VirtualBox installation (allthough I disabled the VirtualBox Host-only connection), but any ideas or fix on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

It could be a driver issue, as I am running mostly win7 drivers only on my HP 8710w.

Otherwise Win7 runs great... really worth the upgrade from XP pro. Tried vista, but win7 really fixed a lot of issues for me.

I will be checking in for a possible solution or fix (hopefully)...

Cheers
CleoA, Denmark

Back
Top Bottom