Windows 7 Taskbar - Stacked to Thumbnails (Open Programs)

Discussion in 'Desktop Customization' started by ljcap, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ljcap

ljcap New Member

This should be an easy fix but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the open taskbar programs from the "stacked" style to the "thumbnail" style. For example, I have open 3 different webpages and when I hover over the IE icon, I'd like to see the 3 different thumbnails rather than 3 stacked text boxes (in black) above each other.

I know this one is going to be an easy fix so please be gentle on me. :redface:

Cheers
    Laurie

All sorted, essentially my video card doesn't support Aero effects. :(

#1 ljcap, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Hi Laurie

Since no one has provided an answer, I'll give it a shot.

First, I don't know what you mean by "thumbnail" view. And if your boxes are black, that's probably due to your video card.

Finally, if you're opening 3 instances of Internet Explorer, I'd suggest you use the New Tab feature and all sites are displayed on the Internet explorer bar....no need to have a preview, simply click on the site you want to view.

3. ljcap

ljcap New Member

Hi,

It was the video card in the end. When I went into Device Manager I noticed that the video driver was just a generic one. I had to go and find the correct driver and uninstall the generic one. I then had to Rate my Computer's Performance and all was fixed.

Cheers
    Laurie

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Well, I'm glad you got it.

Didn't even expect a reply since nobody else had given you on.