Tears

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Lest we forget.... It's not about a 500 mile race in Indianapolis nor about the beginning of the summer vacation / travel season.
To veterans and the families of veterans everywhere and especially to those who's friends and loved ones may have payed the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you each and everyone for your service to your country no matter in what capacity.
A respectful and solemn "Memorial Day" to all.
God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thank our service men/women & Veterans everyday as I, myself, am a veteran.
As do I and as am I.
But those of us who are fortunate enough to have served our country and lucky enough to have made it back, have our day on or about November 11th, (Veterans Day, Armistice Day, Remembrance Day).
This one I've always considered extra special as it is dedicated to those who didn't.
I went out to breakfast this morning and in the restaurant, on the sign that listed the breakfast specials, at the bottom, there was a note that said "Happy Memorial Day". I asked my wife; "who says that"?
It seems most have either forgotten or perhaps never really knew in the first place what today is all about. It's suppose to be a day of solemnity and I don't believe the word "Happy" was ever intended to be associated with it.
Instead it seems, like most of our "Holidays" the meaning has been distorted and reduced to being associated with retailers "Special Memorial Days Sales".
That I feel is doubly sad.
So thank you for your service and you're welcome for mine as we both take this opportunity to remember those less fortunate and their families in our prayers today.
Randy V Baker
Spec. 5 U.S. Army
1968 - 1971

Back