Windows 8 "The extended attributes are inconsistent "

Angad

Hello everyone,

i am using windows 8 pro with two users one of which is administrator.
The problem is that when i am in the other account (non administrator) i am unable to install anything in it.
As soon i run an .exe file , i get the error ""The extended attributes are inconsistent"" on googling, i found that it can be resolved by disabling the sound of UAC but this didn't work for me i hope that i will get an answer here.

A screenshot of the error is :

Untitled.jpg

and for registrybooster.exe it is slightly different :

Untitled 1.jpg

Thankyou

When in the 'other account' trying right clicking whatever your installing and click 'run as admin'.

Okay so I just upgraded to Windows 8 pro from 7, and I only have one profile on it. On start up i get an error box stating: Program Compatibility Assistant Reinstall Required ATI Catalyst Control Center ATI Technologies Inc This Program needs to be reinstalled before it will work properly on this new version of Windows. it will not allow me to get help online and when i try to update my drivers i get the "extended attributes are inconsistent" error. I can use my desktop fine and everything that was on my desktop previous to upgrading still works, but anything new gives me the error. i'm using a HP Pavilion g7 laptop.

Edit:

Additionally I've come to find out I cannot run anything at all in as Admin, or run it using the "Run As Admin" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like an upgrade/corruption issue and it may well save you an awful amount of work by simply performing a clean install. We have many posts similar to yours and almost always a clean install is the best solution.

Back