Windows 8 The image of my monitor blinks | How to fix?

Image Blinks

• Video Card

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows

• Monitor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiago

My video card is:
ZT-70303-10P
NVIDIA
Zotac GeForce GTX 770 2GB AMP! Edition
Windows 8.1
monitor 60hz

The image of my monitor blinks, sometimes when I watch a video on the Internet, flash when the video starts and when it ends, as if the flash change a certain "state" image. And video on Computer too, this occurs. How to solve this?

Thanks.

Please provide us with Make/Model of your computer; desktop or laptop or custom-build.

First thing to do is to run SEATOOLS and test your hard drive, as it's the #1 component to fail in all computers after 2 years of age.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Please provide us with Make/Model of your computer; desktop or laptop or custom-build.

First thing to do is to run SEATOOLS and test your hard drive, as it's the #1 component to fail in all computers after 2 years of age.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
I think it's something more related to video card.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
Zotac Gtx 770 AMP! Edition 2GB, Intel Core i5 4690, 8GB RAM 1600mhz, all drivers updated, the BIOS same, motherboard Asus Z97M-PLUS/BR. Windows 8.1 PRO. My monitor is 60hz.

So, it's a Custom-build desktop then. What about your Power-Supply spec? What Wattage and Brand is it; flickering if not caused by a defective GPU or external Video Card is often about having insufficient or unclean Power to the +12V and +5V rails.

I'd be willing to bet it's the hard drive or your PSUgiven that you have a custom-built machine. Most folks don't spend enough money on their PSU. Is you PSU a 80+ Certified? If not, that could be one of your problems.

Have you attempted your tests with a known working Monitor that works on another comparable custom-built with a similar or identical video card to the one you have? Running the same video or game??

In order I would suggest you do this:
1) Run the SEATOOLS drive diagnostic to test your hard drive
2) Post back EXACT specs and power on your PSU you are using; and we can tell you if it's adequate or not
3) Perform the monitor Swap, if you haven't already done so
4) If your ASUS Motherboard has an on-board or embedded Video chip; remove your Zotax video card from the ACP or PCI16x slot and change your BIOS over to boot from Internal or Auto to boot from on-board GPU chip. Retest with Video. If it works; then it's your Video Card that's failed. Return to place of purchase for exchange or replace if out of warranty.
5) Reinstall Windows8.1 on your existing hard drive if it passed BOTH tests on SEATOOLS; if you replaced the hard drive because it failed SEATOOLS, reinstall Windows8.1 on the replacement drive
6) If #1-#5 fail to solve problem, it's most likely a PSU problem which you will have to replace, or a faulty Motherboard, which you would also have to replace.

Given an adequate PSU, tested hard drive, RAM, and a complete Windows8.1 reinstall from Factory Media; your Motherboard would be the most likely component that's failed and would then need to be replaced.

Good luck,
<<<BBJ>>>

So, it's a Custom-build desktop then. What about your Power-Supply spec? What Wattage and Brand is it; flickering if not caused by a defective GPU or external Video Card is often about having insufficient or unclean Power to the +12V and +5V rails.

I'd be willing to bet it's the hard drive or your PSUgiven that you have a custom-built machine. Most folks don't spend enough money on their PSU. Is you PSU a 80+ Certified? If not, that could be one of your problems.

Have you attempted your tests with a known working Monitor that works on another comparable custom-built with a similar or identical video card to the one you have? Running the same video or game??

2) Post back EXACT specs and power on your PSU you are using; and we can tell you if it's adequate or not
4) If your ASUS Motherboard has an on-board or embedded Video chip; remove your Zotax video card from the ACP or PCI16x slot and change your BIOS over to boot from Internal or Auto to boot from on-board GPU chip. Retest with Video. If it works; then it's your Video Card that's failed. Return to place of purchase for exchange or replace if out of warranty.
5) Reinstall Windows8.1 on your existing hard drive if it passed BOTH tests on SEATOOLS; if you replaced the hard drive because it failed SEATOOLS, reinstall Windows8.1 on the replacement drive
6) If #1-#5 fail to solve problem, it's most likely a PSU problem which you will have to replace, or a faulty Motherboard, which you would also have to replace.

Given an adequate PSU, tested hard drive, RAM, and a complete Windows8.1 reinstall from Factory Media; your Motherboard would be the most likely component that's failed and would then need to be replaced.

Good luck,
<<<BBJ>>>
I change of monitor to other with 60hz too and work normal without blinks.

Good luck,
<<<BBJ>>>
Monitor 60hz, 1920x1080
http://www.samsung.com/br/consumer/it-products/monitores-displays/tv-monitor-led/LT24C310LBMZD
Samsung 24" LT24C310LBMZD

Already tested the computer with another monitor, and everything ok. Have tested the monitor on another computer that does not have video card by the way, and ok too. I tried to capture the screen while the video "flash" happened, but in the video image does not flash, is 100%, this means that the flashing is only the monitor screen.

The "flash" happens in isolation on the monitor screen while the computer through the screen shot, I realized that does not happen "blink" some.

I managed to solve the problem and it was not with the video card.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nE7p-tvTOmQUU3bVRuMDNEN1h6VFFqUmk3dTN3WkZwRWhv/view?usp=sharing

It was a setting in the control panel of video card that caused the problem.
In "Adjust Desktop Color Settings" just change "Content type Reported to the display" of: '' Self-Select (Recommended) " To: "Full-Screen Videos" (small red arrow in the picture) That's it, the screen for flashing when viewing video on the PC.
Thank U!

Last edited:
Monitor.png

Back
Top Bottom