The Walking Dead

It was good to see my favorite character again (you know who), but to me this might have been one of the weirdest finales ever.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WindowsForum mobile app

WooHoo! The new season is almost here. Watch the new trailer and TWD 5 looks just as good as previous seasons:

In readiness for the new season I'm watching all previous seasons again.... :)

Meet the cast of The Walking Dead at ComicCon 2014
SPOILERS: if you have not seen season 4 yet, do not watch! Many spoilers ahead!

Oh my, the first time I must oppose. I find myself against any concept of Walking Dead. Dead are dead, period, and I don't find it tasteful to make "humor" of them.

Not that I haven't enjoyed Dracula or Frankenstein... consistency may not be my strongest quality. But in massive scale, no thanks.

No, not really. I've probably seen one chapter. Otherwise only partly, in commercials and switching channels.

I do like "28 Days Later", and Science Fiction of which "Stargate Atlantis" is, in my opinion, the best production.. The game "Freelancer" is #1 for me, also placed in fictional future.

As for killing on human level, I would consider "We were soldiers" and "Patton" to be the best films, not to forget the film I have repeatedly mentioned to be the best film ever, Stanley Kubrick's "Paths of Glory". In all of these people die. But I don't think death is funny. And killing or chopping or chewing isn't either. It can be made to a show to entertain... but what's the value?

Dead killing dead? Big threat?

Why not living ones saving living ones? Makes more sense?

I guess that at times the show is also trying to make the point that often it's the living which are to be more afraid of.....

Dear brother, let's live in peace. My rpm may have risen...

No worries here Pauli.. :) I guess some like the show and some don't but that's ok. If we all thought the same what a boring world it would be..

Amen to that. I probably couldn't stand a world that was full of Me. No matter how perfect I am... :noise:

Just watched the latest episode... All good stuff! Finally we get to see what happened to Beth next episode..

Last edited:
It was a good episode. Probably my favorite this season. Heavy on dialogue, which I thought was a good change from the earlier episodes.

I like how the cannibals were dealt with too although I saw the trap a mile off... So where is Morgan?

They have some good writers. To me, the show is always going to be about Rick and not the zombies. Regarding Morgan, knowing how they play this show, he could appear at any time, but I am willing to bet he will either make an appearance during the mid-season cliff hanger or during the finale. This is just good script writing when you think about it. I felt during the last season, and especially at the beginning of this one, that the show was in danger of becoming a hack and slash zombie "horror for horrors sake" show. Good zombie horror has always been about exploring the human condition. I think if they continue that, it will have a long life (the show). Also, it was sad for me to see Glenn and Maggie get on the bus and take off. Thats good character development in my view. Morgan is definitely the wild card. The man we want to see, so to speak. For the long-time fans.

Just watched the latest episode. So it turns out Eugene was telling porkies all along. Mind you most of us were pretty suspicious already... Nice development on the Abraham Ford story, it seems this guy is especially volatile and Eugene has just removed his only reason for existing.. Oh dear.

Preview of Episode 6 Series 5:

Last edited:
So now we know where or what Carol got up to... Battle for Slabtown I guess is next.. Something is bound to go horrribly wrong/

What the hell! OMG so Beth has now gone for good... Shame really I quite liked Beth.. Now we've 3 months to wait...Damn!

"You're bad influence, kemical". I really didn't like the series, but now I've noticed I'm watching it..... blasted! Hmmmmmmmm.

Back