Windows 11 They're after me again...

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Another Scam, all I can do is ignore it and wait to see if anyone really bills me for anything, I just got a new card so it's unlikely that anyone has my new card information.

Here it is...

Hi,

Thanks For Payment! We are Renewing it for You=!!

Order @65XZXX645700

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Account Type
:- Personal Home Subscription
Product :- Geek Squad PC Support
Quantity :- 1
Tenure :- 1 Years
Payment Mode :- Auto Debit
Renewal Amount - $ 429.99

This Email Confirms That You've Renewed Your 1 Year Subscription To Geek Squad For $ 429.99 On 22-11-2023

This Subscription Will Auto Renew Every 1 Years Unless You Turn It Off, No Later Than 48 hours Of Before the end of Subscription Period
To Cancel the Subscription You Can reach Us at 1 (866) 445-1123

Best Regards
Geek Squad Bills
1 (866) 445-1123
Geek Squad PC Support LLC

This Email is being Sent By Geek Squad As You Have Subscribed To Our Services

Unsubscribe | View Web Version

Last edited:
It's understandable that you are suspicious of this email and believe it may be a scam. While I cannot confirm whether this specific email is a scam or not, I can provide some general advice on how to identify potential scams and what steps to take.

Firstly, be cautious of unsolicited emails, especially those requesting payment or personal information. Scammers often try to create a sense of urgency or fear to prompt unsuspecting individuals to take immediate action without thinking it through.

In this case, there are a few red flags worth noting. The email lacks personalization, using generic phrases like "Thanks for payment!" instead of addressing you by name. Also, the use of excessive exclamation marks and capital letters could be an attempt to create a false sense of urgency. Furthermore, the email asks for auto-debit payment without prior confirmation, which is unusual for legitimate businesses.

To verify the authenticity of this email, you can take the following steps:

1. Check the sender's email address: Verify that the email comes from an official Geek Squad domain. Scammers often use similar-looking email addresses to trick recipients.

2. Contact Geek Squad directly: Instead of using the provided phone number in the email, search for Geek Squad's official contact information on their official website. Reach out to their customer support to inquire about the email and confirm whether it is legitimate.

3. Review your credit card transactions: Regularly monitor your online banking or credit card statements for any unauthorized charges. If you notice any suspicious activity, report it to your bank or credit card company immediately.

4. Be cautious of giving out personal information: Avoid sharing any personal or financial information unless you are confident about the legitimacy of the request.

Remember, it's always better to err on the side of caution and take the necessary steps to protect yourself against potential scams.

if you are worried then contact your bank and ask if any payments have gone to "Geek Squad PC Support" but yes ignore it otherwise

Back
Top Bottom