VIDEO Things Jesus said that may shock you (A Bible reading)

1. Jesus, who is generally considered to be a Santa, with gifts for everyone, is actually the person in the Bible who talks most about damnation and Hell.
2. Apostle Paul, generally considered to be the Apostle of Grace, had in fact more in law and order than Moses did. "He makes Moses turn pale", as Peter S. Ruckman states.
3. In the Old Testament, Ezekiel or Isaiah, couldn't find it right now, God says ~ It is not my wish that any man would perish. Salvation was the goal, from the very start.
4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? - Romans 2:4

Truth is not a problem. Truth is not controversial. Truth is one. Men just twist it. And I'm not saying anyone should follow me - God forbid.

In a quite other posting, looking to want to find my mother's mother's mother's grave, in order to honor her and her superb meat soup - it was remarkable, as was her heart, I stumbled on II Cor. 13:11, Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

There's no war in the New Testament = New Covenant. God of love and peace, what more can one want?

And my greatgrandmother? Even if my heart is beating, whilst hers is not, hers is still bigger.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to find out, Alexander Hislop's book The Two Babylons is highly recommendable. It shows a lot of our Christmas, pig eating, eastern eggs, and contains a painful lot of stuff in foreign languages and appendixes. First published in 1853, it hasn't lost anything. Sharp minds never do, or has Plato lost anything? Or David Martyn Lloyd-Jones, who stated Faith is logic on fire. Use of brains is not forbidden, it is required.

Like, The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. - B.F.Skinner, 1904-1990.

Personally, I've even thought about adding to the Bible, God created man, gave him brains, but left their use for himself to decide. But that would be blasphemy, we're not supposed to add or remove. Supposedly men do use their brains.

Sorry to triple post, you may whip me. Not a wish, though. I have no like for pain.

No desire to inflict pain on my side. My singing is sufficient for that purpose :up:

Now, could we skip your singing? Let's not make it a lifetime trauma? Unless you want me to revive Mr. Freud? :rolleyes:

A delightful discussion, this is. I wonder and ponder how to create a wider one. People here must have more between their ears than simply "Windows doesn't..." and blaah. We're truly more magnificent than machines and electricity. I hope.

Now, could we skip your singing? Let's not make it a lifetime trauma? Unless you want me to revive Mr. Freud? :rolleyes:

A delightful discussion, this is. I wonder and ponder how to create a wider one. People here must have more between their ears than simply "Windows doesn't..." and blaah. We're truly more magnificent than machines and electricity. I hope.
That is the rumour :blow:

Back