Windows 7 TorrentG's Rig and Home Studio pics/tour

TorrentG

Banned
Hey. I figured it'd be cool to show some pics of my rig (specs in profile) and home music studio. I'll tell ya about each picture and what it is. I'll start with my actual rig. As you can see it is not very neat but that doesn't bother me much. I don't have a cable long enough for the Caviar Black 1TB drive attached to the card, so it sits in the bottom of the case lol.

DCP_0002.JPGDCP_0001.JPGDCP_0006.JPGDCP_0004.JPGDCP_0003.JPG

Here are my guitars. On the left is a 2008 Ernie Ball MusicMan Bongo 5 string bass - in the middle is a 1999 Ibanez Universe 7 string UV777BK guitar - and on the right is a 2008 Ibanez Prestige SV5470AHNG 6 string guitar.

DCP_0018.JPG

This is a pic of the industry standard Shure SM-57 vocal/instrument mic. Behind it to the right is my computer rig of course. To the left bottom is the 1970's Sony power amplifier that pushes crazy power to my 4x12 cab wired in stereo and my Sony stereo speakers. All music/system sounds/all audio goes through this power amp to the 4x12 and stereo speakers.

Above the Sony power amp is an RCA 301 CD player/jukebox connected to my MOTU traveler audio interface by optics. Above that is a Zenith VCR.

DCP_0019.JPG

Here's a better pic of the previous one. On top is the MOTU Traveler professional audio interface. It has some of the best ADDA converters and mic preamps available on the market. It's so awesome. 192 khz 24 bit multi-channel recording! It is connected to the pc by firewire.

DCP_0020.JPG

An overall pic...

DCP_0021.JPG

Dual digital lcd monitors, one 22" widescreen one 17" standard - Logitech Rumblepad II game controller - Remote Control on the blue pad in front of the keyboard with some guitar pics - Guitar strings and tools - AKG K701 professional reference headphones hanging on the right monitor - Logitech mouse

DCP_0022.JPG

Another as above:

DCP_0023.JPG

This is the Marshall 4x12 with 2nd Logitech keyboard on top. In front is my Digitech RP-12 guitar preamp and multi-effects floorboard.

DCP_0024.JPG

A better pic of the Digitech RP-12

DCP_0027.JPG

A pair of Sony speakers one to my far right and the other behind me near the bed

DCP_0029.JPGDCP_0028.JPG

And a better pic of the AKG headphones

DCP_0030.JPG

As you can probably tell, I can achieve an extremely loud volume in here. The great thing about it is that it maintains really good clarity at high bass and volume levels. It's great I tell you!!!

Alright that's it. Hope you enjoyed the tour of my humble rig and music studio. :)

Wow, Man I am impressed, you play guitars too! And you sure got a lot of CDs! Not sure I saw so many before.

I noticed your Pentium 550 @3,5Ghz with stock cooler? I used to have Pentium 530J 3,00 Ghz stock -> it was so so hot.

Btw, I also got Logitech Rumblepad II, like it.

This is how I set and use my Rumblepad:

a profile for C:\...\LWeMon.exe (set this profile for all games)

Left mini-stick -> mouse
Right -----------> a w d s
D-pad -----------> left/right/Up/Down
Buttons ---------> Mouse clicks, Enter, Space, Alt, Control, Tab, Shift

With these settings, I start "Logitech Profiler", then click on desktop in order to get the focus off the profiler window. Once the profiler window is unfocused, I click on X caption to close it.

What I get this way I can use it as mouse and as those vital system keys I set. I can play games and sometimes even browse internet. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, I can even type something short.

Last edited:
Heh heh ya there's more cds above that aren't shown in the pics too. Yep, been playing since I was about 7 or 8. I play progressive rock/metal...stuff like Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen etc....

Yup. Stock cooler. It doesn't get terribly hot. Right now without load, the cpu is at 49 degrees celsius. With full load, it goes to about 60.

Have you seen this page about how to make the Rumblepad II exactly like the XBOX 360 controller for the games that require it? It's great...

Logitech Rumblepad 2, Dual Action Game Pad

Awesome about using it as a mouse. I always wanted to try something like that. I'll have to play around with this later. Thanks for the screenshot. :)

Awesome about using it as a mouse. I always wanted to try something like that. I'll have to play around with this later. Thanks for the screenshot. :)

No problem. Let know if something doesn't go right with that.

Thanks for the link:

Cool. I'd sure try it on Prinse of Persia 3 if I had XP, it's something with the disk copy protection it doesn't work in 7. (Probably need latest drivers)

Stock cooler. It doesn't get terribly hot. Right now without load, the cpu is at 49 degrees celsius. With full load, it goes to about 60.
The temps are great, exactly as my quad-core's with the Zalman cooler (9500). LoL. Your Pentium is probably colder if it has frequency throttle, my P4 530J didn't, was always 3 Ghz.

I play progressive rock/metal...stuff like Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen

Cool. Of these you have listed, Dream Theater is my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back