Toy's for the future?

Kind of fascinating, although I would prefer climbing in trees and football = soccer, etc. We still do eat potatoes, don't we? And they grow in ground. I would preserve nature by living with it. Bingo!

In many ways I do agree and I'm old enough to have grown up climbing tree's and playing football not like our kiddies nowadays who are born into the tech age. In fact we are now seeing problems with obesity because many kids are glued to a screen all day. I'd much prefer if the balance was right and they went out to play like we did but still could enjoy the technological marvels of our age.

One of our leading politicians in Finland, can't remember who it was, it may have been our President Koivisto, stated in mid 1980's, To predict is difficult, especially to predict the future is difficult. I've never really understood what else but the future needs to be predicted? I mean, we don't predict the past, do we? Political mumbo jumbo, first class.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with Hegel. Mankind seems to have a tendency to get wild about new stuff and phenomena = thesis, then comes something newer = antithesis, countering the thesis, leads to synthesis that becomes the new thesis. I'm not a scholar in philosophy, but action leads to reaction, only it is quite unfortunate that the turn of the tide is delayed and doesn't come before something bad has appeared.

I'm not so worried about the technical part. I'm worried about the human part. I'm worried about the fact that we seem to loose more and more of our specific, incredibly valuable resource as humans, i.e. capability of empathy and sympathy; the collective subconscious Jung brought forth seems to have developed towards an ever increasing and cold individualism, where ME is all that matters.

No offense to anyone whom it may concern, but the Pope noted in early 1970's that Mankind seems to be loosing its concept of anything Holy with a rapid speed. Not a friend of Him, I must say the blind hen = rooster did find a grain.

Not everything works with electricity? :confused:

Back