Windows 8 Trouble with getting web pages to load across multiple browsers

I have an old Dell PC running Windows 7. I just bought a new Samsung PC with Windows 8 loaded. Both have Charter Security Suite loaded. Both access the internet via my WAN connection. I have three browsers loaded: IE, FF, & Chrome. On all three browsers, my old W7 PC loads pages faster. On the Samsung, the pages are slower to load and I have to refresh (hit F5) to get them to render properly.

Other than the OS, I cannot figure out what is the root of this problem. Evidently, a lot of others are having it too (based on reading several posts found using an internet search). The WAN is the same. All 3 browsers have the issue. The virus software is the same. I have nothing else loaded on this new PC.

I'd be happy to try some options and do further testing to try to fix this issue. It does not happen every time with every web page, but it happens much to frequently to ignore. Whenever I come across a slow page, I test it on the old computer and it pulls up quickly.

Can you offer suggestions? Is there any more information that would be helpful in identifying the cause?

Thanks in advance,
Gail

Hi,

Is the machine fully updated via Windows update?

Yes, I did that yesterday. Just FYI, iTunes is not loaded. I was reading on another forum that may cause problems. This is a fresh new computer. I also tried clearing the cache of each browser (although there's hardly anything in memory yet). It affects gmail, FB, and many other sites I try to access.

I take it that your Charter Security Suite also has your AV built into. Did you by chance manually turn off Defender in the services before installing your security suite. It sounds like to me both are running on your 8 machine. Which I've seen reported, that 8 sometimes doesn't turn off it's built in AV/malware protection when installing other Security/AV software. It happened to me when I was testing Comodo Security Suite. It's worth looking into.

Yes, Charter Security Suite has both AV and malware protection. It requires that Defender be turned off in order to be installed. I double-checked, though, and Defender shows that it is turned off and is not monitoring the computer. Does it need to be completely uninstalled too? It's not uninstalled on my Windows 7 PC.

Defender doesn't need to be installed.

Does the Charter AV have a browser scanner or similar? Sometimes these apps will actively scan what your viewing in real time and you may need to tweak the odd setting?

Back