Windows 10 Typing for an app makes the system menu disappear.

Xarzu

Extraordinary Member
This is a new problem that I did not see before. When I click on the windows Icon on the bottom left side of my desktop, the system menu pops up as expected, and I am able to scroll through an alphabetically listed series of apps I can choose to run. But if I try to seacrh for the application I want by typing the name of the application, the menu goes blank and there the menu seems to be trying to load options, but it seems to go on forever. Please advise.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ?3/?2/?2021
OS build 19044.1645
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

When was the last time it worked properly? What is your current Windows operating system and version?

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager then click File
Select "Run new task" then type: winver

Please try the following methods below.

**Restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
Select the Processes tab.
Scroll down and look for Windows Explorer
Right click then select Restart.

**Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.
After that, restart your computer
Note: You can open command prompt by doing this,
Select "Run new task" then type: cmd
Make sure to put a check mark on the "Create this task with administrative privileges" box
Continue with the commands within the link above.

**Repair all Windows apps via PowerShell
Select "Run new task" then type: powershell
Make sure to put a check mark on the "Create this task with administrative privileges" box
Copy and paste the command below one at a time then press Enter. Please ignore the red errors and let the process complete.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_. InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Back
Top Bottom