Windows 7 UGH! Please help, this doesn't make any sense at all!

fsubelch

Ok, this just boggles my mind but I am getting the Unidentified network (local access only) when I connect to my wireless. First off, last week I did not have this problem at work, brought the laptop home and this error comes up and I cannot get out to the internet. I have the same router (DLINK DIR655) at home and at work. Both routers were setup the same. While at home (on the network that was not connecting) I updated the firmware and changed the password type from WEP to WPA and everything worked fine. Getting back to the office today I am unable to connect to the wireless here now! My first step was to complete the same steps on the work router as the home router so I updated the firmware and changed the password type from WEP to WPA. Still no luck....

All my XP laptops are connecting just fine as well as OSX laptops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 7 64Bit on a Dell precision M2400 with a Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGIN

And I have tried deselecting IPv6 along with Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and the Discovery responder and still no luck.

Reinstalled 32Bit and running with no problems now. I am sure this issue will be resolved with the release of V.1 (non beta). I guess I shouldn't get to excited, I haven't tried it on my home network yet but I feel safe I will not have any problems.

And for the record, my Windows Experience Index score is higher on 32 Bit then 64 Bit.

Last edited:
Back