UK price looking like good news

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by Highwayman, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software

Amazon Uk have set a standard by offering Home Premium for £63.99 on pre-order guarentee now...:p sadly I want Ultimate version so likely gonna have to fork out three times that :(

Probably not new news but least aint the horrid EU edition.

2. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

If you were thinking of paying well over £200 for Ultimate - you may prefer to get a 1 yr sub to Technet plus.

Last time I looked there was a little 10% discount - and it came to £287 inc vat.

Google for Technet discount codes and see what you can get atm .

3. Highwayman

I seen Ultimate listed on www.Scan.co.uk for £177 so waaaay cheaper than Technet

4. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

Cheaper still at Amazon.co.uk

5. Highwayman

Amazon was only selling basic and premium last time i checked....

6. Tepid

Tepid New Member

Technet sub is not for production use. Even at home. Yes, people do it. But I think that once you let the sub elapse all the keys assigned to you die with it, don't they?

7. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

I am reliably informed the keys and software you already have are good after your sub expires. You can't get any new ones - but you can go and view/retrieve the ones you have.

They are for personal evaluation - we are evaluating Win 7 now on our own pc's.

You normally get 10 keys per piece of software - 7, Vista, XP, Office, etc. You can ask for more.

So, if you want to evaluate 7 on your desktop and laptop , as well as office Ultimate 2010 - and you wouldn't mind a licensed copy of XP to run inside a VM on your desktop - it's a great deal.

Anyone thinking of buying on the pre order deal needs to check they will still get the Full version . Now MS intends to make upgrade versions available in EU - at some point whwat you get relative to the price will change.

#7 SIW2, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  8. Tepid

Tepid New Member

I have always been interested in Technet, just haven't been sure on how activation/key validity is handled once a technet sub is canceled

9. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

I know a few whose memberships have expired and that is what say.

That's why I had a look at it myself. However, I currently have all the licensed MS software I can use - so I only need 1 copy of 7 right now.

I may have a look at it again - they often do discounts - usually more generous in the US as always. Some joined recently with ( if I remember correctly) a 30% US discount - the Australian discount was even bigger - 40% I think.

With 7 and Office due out soon - I imagine they won't be offering too much in the way of discounts just now - they may get better when it quitens down.

Still, you never know, it's worth checking to see what discounts are out there for your country, If you are interested.

#9 SIW2, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  10. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

Check again Highwayman-they selling all four, I just cancelled Home Premium and ordered Ultimate.

11. Highwayman

Ah cool willl look into it then cheers