UK price looking like good news

If you were thinking of paying well over £200 for Ultimate - you may prefer to get a 1 yr sub to Technet plus.

Last time I looked there was a little 10% discount - and it came to £287 inc vat.

Google for Technet discount codes and see what you can get atm .

Technet sub is not for production use. Even at home. Yes, people do it. But I think that once you let the sub elapse all the keys assigned to you die with it, don't they?

I am reliably informed the keys and software you already have are good after your sub expires. You can't get any new ones - but you can go and view/retrieve the ones you have.

They are for personal evaluation - we are evaluating Win 7 now on our own pc's.

You normally get 10 keys per piece of software - 7, Vista, XP, Office, etc. You can ask for more.

So, if you want to evaluate 7 on your desktop and laptop , as well as office Ultimate 2010 - and you wouldn't mind a licensed copy of XP to run inside a VM on your desktop - it's a great deal.

Anyone thinking of buying on the pre order deal needs to check they will still get the Full version . Now MS intends to make upgrade versions available in EU - at some point whwat you get relative to the price will change.

Last edited:
I have always been interested in Technet, just haven't been sure on how activation/key validity is handled once a technet sub is canceled

I know a few whose memberships have expired and that is what say.

That's why I had a look at it myself. However, I currently have all the licensed MS software I can use - so I only need 1 copy of 7 right now.

I may have a look at it again - they often do discounts - usually more generous in the US as always. Some joined recently with ( if I remember correctly) a 30% US discount - the Australian discount was even bigger - 40% I think.

With 7 and Office due out soon - I imagine they won't be offering too much in the way of discounts just now - they may get better when it quitens down.

Still, you never know, it's worth checking to see what discounts are out there for your country, If you are interested.

Last edited:
Check again Highwayman-they selling all four, I just cancelled Home Premium and ordered Ultimate.

Back