Windows 10 Unable to find Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant in Windows 10

GNS

Hi,

I just downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant in Windows 10 Pro.

It was installed successfully.

After installation, I am unable to find it in Program list, Program Files and Program Files (x86).

Pls let me know, where I can find it?

With Regards
NndnG

Just open the windows search box (found on the taskbar, near the start menu, if not using the metro interface) and type remote desktop. The app will apear right on top of the list and you will be able to activate it. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying back. I did and found as
anydesk00000.png

Is it same as Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant?
I think both are different.

With Regards
NndnG

I really don't know, I never used the microsoft remote desktop.
May I ask why aren't you using a much better and free program (for home use, at least), to remote access a windows computer from an android or other windows device, like TeamViewer?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s RDP. The RDP app in windows store is something that’s just more graphical.

If you’re using RDP normally make sure to secure it properly, RDP is can be pretty insecure unless you take precautions. EG, not using it over internet unless you’ve got a tunnel set up.

I search Remote Assistance, and then I found it is called "Invite someone..."
1643095329005.png

Thank you for replying back. I did and found as
View attachment 40273

Is it same as Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant?
I think both are different.

With Regards
NndnG
Remote Desktop is used to control other's PC and the remote PC will be locked. But if you use Remote Assistance, the one in front of the remote PC can see what's happening on his or her PC. This post is about the conparison between thwm. Hope it can help you. Remote Assistance VS Remote Desktop: Which One Should I Choose?

Back
Top Bottom