Windows 10 Unable to install Oki ML 590C Elite, Type 3 - User Mode, x64 Driver.

Sundancer268

Since I did a clean re-install of Windows 10, on July first, I have not been able to re-install my Okidata Microline 590C printer, I keep getting the following message "Unable to install Oki ML 590C Elite, Type 3 - User Mode, x64 Driver." I have tried other Oki models with the same result. I had to install the "OKIDot-Matrix ESC/PK Class Driver" to get it to print at all, this works, but I am with out the color capabilities and other features this printer is capable off. Before the re-install it worked perfectly. I have no other issues installing my Canon and HP Multi-function Ink Jet printers so I am at a loss. I am running Windows 10 Pro, x64, Version 1903, OS Build 18362.356. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you asked the manufacturer? You may need to update the printer driver(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you asked the manufacturer? You may need to update the printer driver(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have visited the Okidata WEB Site and they only offer drivers for the older versions of windows, XP, Vista and Win 7, nothing newer. Windows lists the Printer when I click on Windows Update, it just refuses to install and gives the message Unable to install Oki ML 590C Elite, Type 3 - User Mode, x64 Driver. I will probably have to start poking in the regestry and remove anything called OKI or OKIDATA.

Back
Top Bottom