Windows Vista Unable to see the internet

SqueakyNick

Help - I can't see the internet

• I've just installed the RC build of Win7 by upgrading Windows Vista.
  • Everything worked smoothly, but I am not able to see the internet
  • My connection is wired, and I have an IP address, and can browse the other machines at home, but this machine is not able to see the internet.
I'd appreciate any help others can give. What am I missing?

Hi,

I cannt help, but I am having the same thing.
Can browse LAN fine, but not Internet.

I had this problem from install, however it did start working but when I rebooted it stopped again.

Thanks,
Simon.

Wow, just tried tracert Google and it resolved it.

I then went back to IE, and it is now working.

How weird, how microsoft :)

Hello and welcone to the windows7forums,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Conmponents tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viwer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Conmponents tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viwer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your network adapter would be very helpful.

I dont know how you do it reghakr your amazing ! The sheer amount of work you put into this forum is fantastic .
Deepest respect for that and the factual help you always offer .
Just cannot fathom how you do it :D Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom