Windows 10 Unable to connect to the internet.

Vaasanthk

I am facing issues with windows firewall, I'm unable to connect to the wifi and it won't even show the available networks. When it connects to my router, it is very slow, it works fine when firewall is disabled. So when every I need to connect to the internet I need to disable firewall every time and it's very frustrating. I tried running the windows troubleshooter(incoming connections) but it comes back stating no issues found. Please suggest any solutions that can fix this issue.

If you know what port forwarding is then you know that this can't be firewall vice.
What firewall does is blocking all incoming/out coming connections. Most of the software ask users do they want specific connections to be performed. If you let go then you actually forward port to the other side.
Now. What bothers you, and in any other case, could be anti virus protection. This can have performance hits. Try to use other AV software.

Thanks for answering my query, I did install third party Antivirus (Avast and Kaserpersky), I ran into same issue again so I had to uninstalled them, now it works fine. Is there some settings in firewall that I need to set up? I even performed Reset the PC option to see if that can fix the issue but it all bogs down to same thing.
So do let me know if you got any other options.

Sounds like some other underlying issues to me. Firewalls and A/V generally don't noticeably impact a system except with more traditional A/V scanners and only when performing a full system scan.

I would open a command prompt and run sfc /scannow to verify the operating systems integrity. Also trying installed the A/V back on then boot into safe mode and see if you still have a performance problem. if you don't it could be that your system is already infected and you may want to run a couple scanners in safe mode such as spybot and malware bytes. It also could be some malfunctioning software or driver. I would check through your event logs for errors.

Back