Windows 10 unexpected_store_exception on a HP laptop

AbbyLad

I have not been able to resolve this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am attaching a dump.

Attachments

• DriverList.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 313
  • EventApp.txt
    4.7 MB · Views: 966
Hi,
we need to see the actual dump files created at the time of bsod. These, if your machine is configured correctly to produce them, are found in a folder marked minidump (could be just 'logs' under win 10 i forget). This folder is found in the main Windows folder although if you use the app found in this thread it will do the job for you:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

In the meantime I took a quick look at the info you did send and some of your drivers need updating. These can be found on the main HP site under support. If you can't find drivers for Windows 10 user versions for 8.1.

Hi,
we need to see the actual dump files created at the time of bsod. These, if your machine is configured correctly to produce them, are found in a folder marked minidump (could be just 'logs' under win 10 i forget). This folder is found in the main Windows folder although if you use the app found in this thread it will do the job for you:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

In the meantime I took a quick look at the info you did send and some of your drivers need updating. These can be found on the main HP site under support. If you can't find drivers for Windows 10 user versions for 8.1.

Thanks. I updated several of the drivers using 8.1 as HP no longer supports our three-year-old laptop. I hope that the attached file
will provide sufficient detail to help.

Attachments

• W7F_17-10-2015.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {ffffc001ddc842d8, ffffffffc000000e, 7ebd860, fffff800d42bf4d8}

Probably caused by : amdppm.sys ( amdppm!AcpiEval_PPC+3e )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck along with it's accompanying error code ( c000000e ) can mean a hardware failure or incorrect drive configuration. The probably cause is a processor driver although I'm not sure that ultimately this was the actual culprit.
The above bugcheck can also be caused by failing RAM and/or AV applications.
Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

I think this may be happening because your IO driver is dated 2010:
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 15:17:53 2010: AMD IO Driver

I did check over the support page fro your machine and unfortunately no such update seems to be available even under Windows 7/8.
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
Please let me know if the above is incorrect for your model.

Let's run a chkdsk just to make sure all is well with the drive itself:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10
You can use a couple of methods in the above guide and regardless of which way you choose to run chkdsk please make sure that bad sectors are searched for and repaired.

You also have some extremely old drivers:
bcmwl664.sys Sat May 21 01:40:51 2011: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter please update. You may find upodates here but if not post back on this:
Product Portfolio | Broadcom

clwvd.sys Wed Jul 28 02:13:47 2010: CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
Customer Support | CyberLink

seehcri.sys Wed Jan 09 08:41:35 2008: SonyEricsson Device 0016 (likely a phone). 2008 is simply too old for windows 10 and I'd try and update to a later version.
Android™ Smartphones, Tablets & SmartWear by Sony Xperia™ - Sony Xperia (Global UK English)

Update the above and see how you go. If that I/O driver becomes an issue it might mean you having to go back to Windows 7. Let me know about the chkdsk please.

Please post any new dump files.

Code:

BugCheck 7A, {ffffc001ddc842d8, ffffffffc000000e, 7ebd860, fffff800d42bf4d8}

Probably caused by : amdppm.sys ( amdppm!AcpiEval_PPC+3e )

Hi,
the above bugcheck along with it's accompanying error code ( c000000e ) can mean a hardware failure or incorrect drive configuration. The probably cause is a processor driver although I'm not sure that ultimately this was the actual culprit.
The above bugcheck can also be caused by failing RAM and/or AV applications.
Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

I think this may be happening because your IO driver is dated 2010:
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 15:17:53 2010: AMD IO Driver

I did check over the support page fro your machine and unfortunately no such update seems to be available even under Windows 7/8.
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
Please let me know if the above is incorrect for your model.

Let's run a chkdsk just to make sure all is well with the drive itself:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10
You can use a couple of methods in the above guide and regardless of which way you choose to run chkdsk please make sure that bad sectors are searched for and repaired.

You also have some extremely old drivers:
bcmwl664.sys Sat May 21 01:40:51 2011: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter please update. You may find upodates here but if not post back on this:
Product Portfolio | Broadcom

clwvd.sys Wed Jul 28 02:13:47 2010: CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
Customer Support | CyberLink

seehcri.sys Wed Jan 09 08:41:35 2008: SonyEricsson Device 0016 (likely a phone). 2008 is simply too old for windows 10 and I'd try and update to a later version.
Android™ Smartphones, Tablets & SmartWear by Sony Xperia™ - Sony Xperia (Global UK English)

Update the above and see how you go. If that I/O driver becomes an issue it might mean you having to go back to Windows 7. Let me know about the chkdsk please.

Please post any new dump files.

Here is an update:
1. The error messages have stopped.
2. Cold boot time is excessive--about 4 1/2 minutes.
3. I tried chkdsk/f/r but the process hung at 10%. I cancelled it after two hours.
4. I then tried chkdsk with f but not r. This worked fine and completed in a few minutes.
5. I used to synchronize a Sony Ericcson cell phone with Outlook but have not used this for several months.

I will attach the compressed diagnostics file to this post.
Thanks for your help. I see some progress.
Keith

Attachments

• W7F_19-10-2015.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 369
Code:

BugCheck 7A, {ffffc001ccf68478, ffffffffc000000e, 12c758860, fffff800ab04b000}

Probably caused by : bowser.sys ( bowser!BowserDeleteTransport+bb )

Hi,
same bugcheck as you can see although I'm a little confused by your reply. You mention that error messages have stopped although you posted a dump file?
In any case I'm somewhat concerned that the chkdsk repair hung. This might be related to the I/O driver I mentioned above however please download this app:
Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
It's actually for controlling fan speeds although we want it for something else. If you open it up and look across the top you'll see 'SMART', click that. Choose your drive in the drop down list and you'll see a button for an online report about the HDD please click that and see what the report says.

Do a search for command prompt, right click on the result and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Any drivers you no longer use I'd remove like the Sony Ericccson one.

Code:

BugCheck 7A, {ffffc001ccf68478, ffffffffc000000e, 12c758860, fffff800ab04b000}

Probably caused by : bowser.sys ( bowser!BowserDeleteTransport+bb )

Hi,
same bugcheck as you can see although I'm a little confused by your reply. You mention that error messages have stopped although you posted a dump file?
In any case I'm somewhat concerned that the chkdsk repair hung. This might be related to the I/O driver I mentioned above however please download this app:
Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
It's actually for controlling fan speeds although we want it for something else. If you open it up and look across the top you'll see 'SMART', click that. Choose your drive in the drop down list and you'll see a button for an online report about the HDD please click that and see what the report says.

Do a search for command prompt, right click on the result and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Any drivers you no longer use I'd remove like the Sony Ericccson one.

Here is an update:
1. I downloaded the "SpeedFan" app and ran the "SMART" diagnostic tool. Everything appears normal.
2. I ran sfc/scannow. Again nothing. "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
3. Sony PC Companion
I had uninstalled this app but found that uninstalling does not remove the associated drivers. I went to the Device Manager and removed all USB drivers that were labelled "Sony Ericsson". When I rebooted the PC Microsoft installed new USB drivers.
I had to access the System32 folder to remove the SEEHCRI.SYS file.
4. I am still getting brief error messages that flash up for a few seconds when the computer boots.

Overall this laptop is working much better. Still, I am concerned about the error messages brief as they are. Boot time is long but I suppose that we can live with that. I am attaching another dump file. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• W7F_21-10-2015.zip
    2 MB · Views: 557
Code:

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001f09a3940, fffff80346f92ad0, ffffe001f1819010}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\amdiox64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdiox64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdiox64.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp

Hi,
all your last dump files were the same and I'm pretty sure the culprit lies with this driver:

amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 15:17:53 2010

Code:
FAULTING_MODULE: fffff800e4470000 amdiox64

I find it strange that there isn't an update nor even a mention of this driver on your support page but if you cannot find an update for it then my advise is to return back to the previous operating system until such time a driver is released.

Back