Windows 7 Unknown Device - Intel(R) ICH7 DH LPC Interface Controller - 27B0

JazzyJD

OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Having some problems, not sure if they are related.

1. I am getting blue screen crashes, here is a picture of the crash report:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

2. My device manager is listing "Intel(R) ICH7 DH LPC Interface Controller - 27B0" as an unknown device. I cannot update the driver or find the driver online to download manually.

Action center is suggesting I address a problem with my away mode system:

I searched the away mode issue and tried adjusting the power settings to fix the away mode issue, as suggested...but I'm still getting unexpected crashes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Have you tried to download and install all available chipset drivers from your manufacturer's support site ?

Yes, the chipset drivers for my board (Intel D975XBX2) have been updated to that latest, as well as any all currently available drivers for my board.

solved!

I figured it out. I installed my board's chipset utility management for windows and saw that the away mode setting was set to s3. I checked in my bios and it was set to S1. Apparently Win7 defaults to S3 but I have no way of managing it without the chipset utility. The conflict was causing the blue screen and crashes when my comp would attempt to sleep/hibernate. Just switched it to S3 in the bios and the away mode function works properly now.

Thanks for everyone's help in sending me in the right direction!

Back