Windows 10 Unwanted autostartup program

anotherwindowsuser

Hi,

I have a strange problem in Windows 10, I installed a partition manager called Minitool Wizard Partitino Manager, however upon startup of the Desktop it loads to check for updates automatically, I can't seem to turn it off. I opened up services.msc and its not listed there. I found a registry entry for it whilst searching for it in the registry editor under the actual startup run list. I deleted its entry and despite that entry is deleted, it still started up. I found it listed elsewhere in the registration on two other locations (see attached) but I am not sure these are startup items, so how do I stop this? Thanks in advance,
minitool2.PNG

minitool3.PNG

I would absolutely recommend stop deleting values out of the registry especially if you don't know what they do. I'd also recommend reinstalling the program if you want to continue using it as none of the keys you deleted have to do with start up. You can download a tool called autoruns from sysinternals if you need to stop a program from starting at launch or just look in the tool itself.

You can also use the built-in Task Manager to disable Startup programs. Open it and go to the Startup tab. Click on the program you want to disable and then on Disable button found on the right lower corner of the window.
If you just want to learn what registry key is related to startup programs on windows, just use msinfo32.exe (windows button+r to open the Run window). On the software environment category you will find the Startup programs section.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I would absolutely recommend stop deleting values out of the registry especially if you don't know what they do. I'd also recommend reinstalling the program if you want to continue using it as none of the keys you deleted have to do with start up. You can download a tool called autoruns from sysinternals if you need to stop a program from starting at launch or just look in the tool itself.

Hi,

Well I only deleted the keys in the actual startup run section. I may uninstall the program, but I just want my computer pratting about doing things when I don't need it to.

You can also use the built-in Task Manager to disable Startup programs. Open it and go to the Startup tab. Click on the program you want to disable and then on Disable button found on the right lower corner of the window.
If you just want to learn what registry key is related to startup programs on windows, just use msinfo32.exe (windows button+r to open the Run window). On the software environment category you will find the Startup programs section.

Hi,

It is not listed in the usual startup sections.
startup.PNG
msinfo.PNG

There are actually quite a few locations for auto starting applications which is why I recommend autoruns.

This is what you are looking for. View attachment 39671View attachment 39672

Hi,

I KNOW that is what I am looking for, as I have said before, I have deleted it from the Run section of Reg Edit. This is exactly why this is so puzzling, its not in the ru section of reg eit, nor windows own startup featue (as per posted printscreen, nor is it in the services.msc as a automatic startup item.

There are actually quite a few locations for auto starting applications which is why I recommend autoruns.

I'll give it a go. Bit weird this, for many years until I got into Linux as my preferred main OS the first I did when I installed windows was to go on a deleting binge in the system registry to stop things starting that were of no use to me. I never saw anything like this.

Please pay attention that I am talking about the Run key found in the Local Machine. But you should use the Task Manager to disable it or, better, the Sysinternals utility called Autoruns, as Neemobeer suggested. You can find it here: Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Please pay attention that I am talking about the Run key found in the Local Machine. But you should use the Task Manager to disable it or, better, the Sysinternals utility called Autoruns, as Neemobeer suggested. You can find it here: Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

I am paying attention, I did make it clear I was referring to the usual Run on start-up of the registry.

If you look at the attached screenshot you will see it is not there as I deleted it last week...

Attachments

• run.PNG
    run.PNG
    48.3 KB · Views: 132

Thanks, it showed me it was being run from task scheduler, I opened up taskschd.msc and disabled it. Cheers.

Back