Windows 11 Update fail

MaxHeadroom

We have bought a gaming laptop for my son and we have gone through update which went well but two have failed -

Cumulative update windows 11 version 22H2 (KB5026372)

Update for windows 11 version 22H2 (KB4023057) - This one says - Download error 0X80248007

This doesn't mean much to us so we hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having exactly the same issue, can anybody tell me if its safe to use my computer without this update?

I'm having exactly the same issue, can anybody tell me if its safe to use my computer without this update?
no update is safe... that one removes reg keys and compresses files so its a known to cause major issues

the irony of Microsoft putting out a patch to stop their updates fucking up and then "fucking that up" is gold but it steams from their one size fits all mentality
This doesn't mean much to us so we hope someone can help.
the message translates as 'something went wrong' and yes thats not very helpful but its very old code from years back

I would 'assume' this laptop has 3rd party clone software apps that didn't come from Microsoft because thats the normal way so called "gaming" laptops are sold now days... your best option is to contact the seller and explain your update issue because odds are they know all about it + have some work around in place

in extream cases a re-install to fresh drive is the main fix but thats a major stuff about for getting bullshit updates so i'd try other options first

Back