error code in accessing a website

j45

I hope I am in the right forum.

I have two desktops, one with Win 11 the other with 10

I have a club website I have frequently accessed and now and on those two machines I get an error code:

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I use Firefox, however I have tried with several other browsers and – same thing

My two i Phones access that website no problem, using Firefox and also safari

I dug out my older laptop with windows 10 and it accesses the site just fine, no errors.

Any suggestions?

I have mentioned this to the tech guy for our website and he has no problem and doesn’t report that anyone else does either

Yes, it likely comes down to TLS configuration which some browsers and computers will allow weak ciphers or weak TLS versions and Firefox tends to use newer TLS versions which is basically industry standard. If you want share the site address or DM me the website I can probably tell you what the issue is specifically.

Yes, it likely comes down to TLS configuration which some browsers and computers will allow weak ciphers or weak TLS versions and Firefox tends to use newer TLS versions which is basically industry standard. If you want share the site address or DM me the website I can probably tell you what the issue is specifically.

I hope I am in the right forum.

I have two desktops, one with Win 11 the other with 10

I have a club website I have frequently accessed and now and on those two machines I get an error code:

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I use Firefox, however I have tried with several other browsers and – same thing

My two i Phones access that website no problem, using Firefox and also safari

I dug out my older laptop with windows 10 and it accesses the site just fine, no errors.

Any suggestions?

I have mentioned this to the tech guy for our website and he has no problem and doesn’t report that anyone else does eithe
Turns out it was Malwarebytes, that I originally passed by. Reason was that I entered the name of the page I couldn't open. Didn't do a thing. IN review I added the IP address, numerical, restarted, and that did the trick. SOLVED

Back