Windows 7 Upgrade from Pro to Ultimate

Kingoswy66

This is a strange request soI'll give a brief explanation. i am abroad on business, my 64 bit laptop (with Vista) packed in and I was given a Windows 7 Pro 32 bit OEM disc by my IT support to help rectify the problem. I have now purchased a (genuine, I may add) copy of Ultimate and have the product key. Will entering the Ultimate product key automaticaly unlock the Ultimate features or do I need to run the disc and install again?. I'm concerned about overwriting my settings and documents if I change from 32 bit to 64 bit.

This is a strange request soI'll give a brief explanation. i am abroad on business, my 64 bit laptop (with Vista) packed in and I was given a Windows 7 Pro 32 bit OEM disc by my IT support to help rectify the problem. I have now purchased a (genuine, I may add) copy of Ultimate and have the product key. Will entering the Ultimate product key automaticaly unlock the Ultimate features or do I need to run the disc and install again?. I'm concerned about overwriting my settings and documents if I change from 32 bit to 64 bit.

If i understand the process correctly then you need a specific upgrade key which is not the key for the copy belonging to your new disc :frown:
you also would not be able to upgrade 32 bit to 64 bit or vice versa .........

a fresh install is always preferable and in this instance I would use windows easy transfer to save your settings to a network , dvd or flash drive then do a fresh install of ultimate :)

Back