Windows 7 USB error code 43 and Explorer freezing.

persononfire

First time post here, so let me know if I leave out anything that could be useful.

I've been having a few problems with my fairly new windows 7 and I'm not sure if they're related.

It started out with USB mass storage devices (Thumb drives, external HDs, etc...) not being recognized. I get this error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" So I tried a number of fixes that other people have posted for that error, but still haven't resolved it.

Recently, a new problem developed where windows explorer seems to freeze for a while. When this happens, I can't click on anything in my task bar, but I can still click on things on my desktop. It seems to stay frozen unless I CTRL ALT DELETE and wait for a few seconds. At that point, the buttons in the CTRL ALT DELETE menu become usable, and I can click "Cancel" and use my task bar once again.

I've also been having trouble with my browser. I'm using Chrome. What it's been doing is randomly going back to a site I've previously visited without any input from me. Also, my five button mouse won't toggle the back button on the browser, I have to do this with a manual click now. However, the forward button still works fine.

I'm not sure if these problems are related, but they're driving me nuts! Any ideas?

I've attached my DXDIAG for system information.
View attachment DxDiag.txt

Back