Windows 10 USB Hub Safely Remove Device (Eject Device) Issue

olat

Hello!

I got a new Type - C USB Hub with 4 3.0 ports.
The hub works great, but the problem is that once I try to safely remove (eject) one of the USB devices, all of them get disconnected.
Furthermore, once I do that, I can't connect any devices again until I restart the PC. They do power up, but windows does not read them.

For example, let's say I connect 3 devices: USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3.

I then click the taskbar icon to safely remove USB 1. There's no option to just remove one, but it says Eject External. Once I click that, all 3 devices are then safely removed.

I then disconnect those devices and reconnect again. None of them are recognized. I don't get any issues, errors or anything.

The only way to have those devices recognized again is to restart the computer.

If I just plug them out without safely removing them (ejecting) first, then they work normally after I plug them in the second time.

I'm using external HDDs a lot, so I always eject them first.

Any help would be much appreciated.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20201020141753.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (47 GB Free); F: 298 GB (151 GB Free); Q: 1862 GB (341 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02), ver 1.0, s/n JB16610699
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Thank you!

I just tested the hub on Linux Ubuntu and it works as expected there, no problems. I can unmount separate drives without issues and when I reconnect them they work normally.

One more update: if I use a standard usb flash drive, I can right click on it in windows explorer and then click "Eject". This removes the drive and allows me to connect again without issues.
But, I do not have the "Eject" option for usb external hard drives. Is there any way to force it to appear for those devices as well? That might basically solve my issue.

Back