Windows 7 USB KEY - The disk is write-protected.

Joker

Honorable Member
I've got 2 usb keys - I can copy files from them, but unable to put anything on them.

I've tried the regedit trick and I've tried to format using CMD - diskpart - list disk - select disk * - clean - create partition primary - select partition 1 - active - format fs=NTFS

But it doesn't seem to work.

How can I unlock it? No important information on it. Can be nuke if that is what it takes to make it usable!

I've got 2 usb keys - I can copy files from them, but unable to put anything on them.

I've tried the regedit trick and I've tried to format using CMD - diskpart - list disk - select disk * - clean - create partition primary - select partition 1 - active - format fs=NTFS

But it doesn't seem to work.

How can I unlock it? No important information on it. Can be nuke if that is what it takes to make it usable!

This utility should allow you to format a write-protected usb drive. Link Removed - Invalid URL

I assume you have checked for a switch on the drive that could be in the wrong position.

There is no switch on a wrong place and the program just says "USB Flash disk not found!" :(

There is no switch on a wrong place and the program just says "USB Flash disk not found!" :(

Have you tried formatting on another computer? Does it show up as write protected on another computer?

Back
Top Bottom