Windows 7 User Account Help

J05

Hi everyone,
I happened to disable my 'Administrator' account from the group policy editor. I have two other accounts, one, a standard account and another one, a guest account. Every time I do something that requires administrator privileges, A dialog appears asking 'To continue, type an administrator password and click yes', there are two options YES and NO. but the YES is Disabled!!!! :eek:. I know my administrator password, still i can't do anything requiring administrator privileges and also i couldn't find any way to enable back my administrator account.

Is re installation the only way before me. What should i do to fix this issue. Please help me out...

Thanks in advance

Regards
-J05

I have posted this a few times, but, for your convenience, see if these options would help. You can also adjust your passwords whilst in the first mentioned window.
Open a command prompt (Right click - Run as Administrator).
Type the following command and enter.
net user administrator /active
Log out and see if you have a new alternative login, as well as your existing one. If not, do it the long way.
Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Log into windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following net user administrator /active
Log out and log back in as administrator.

Another way
Go to Start
Type Control UserPasswords2.
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and untick the the box “Administrator is disabledâ€Â￾
Now log out and login as Administrator.

Drew, Thank you for your reply :)

But its about the hell of works i have to do after the reload.
so, with hope i'm still waiting for some more help :(...

Regards
-J05

RAK, thanks for that,

sorry to say, but i can't access anything with administrator privileges, since my account is standard account. and i'm unable to input the administrator password... & let me check out that safe mode method...

Regards
- J05

& its Done!!!

Finally i did it :D...

RAK, Thank you so much for your help and helping me from a reload :razz:...
I was able to log into my administrator account when i boot with safe mode and i made my account an admin one :)...

Once again thank both Drew and RAK :p......

Regards
- J05

Back
Top Bottom