Windows 7 User accounts and installs

hendrens

I upgraded from 64bit vista and it mostly seams to work fine. But for some reason I can seem to install new software, uninstall or change details from my user accounts. The installs give an error message like:

Cannot verify the digital signature: a recent download or malicious software may be causing the problem....

Uninstalls error with:

This may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove it from the list. - Then clicking yes does nothing.

Or sometime - System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.
But it won't let me change them or run the installer as administrator.

I have tried to boot with out the signature verification and tried to restore to the earlier configurations (although I don't know if I could install then as I didn't try to)

Any ideas?

I upgraded from 64bit vista and it mostly seams to work fine. But for some reason I can seem to install new software, uninstall or change details from my user accounts. The installs give an error message like:

Cannot verify the digital signature: a recent download or malicious software may be causing the problem....

Uninstalls error with:

This may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove it from the list. - Then clicking yes does nothing.

Or sometime - System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.
But it won't let me change them or run the installer as administrator.

I have tried to boot with out the signature verification and tried to restore to the earlier configurations (although I don't know if I could install then as I didn't try to)

Any ideas?

Hendrends,

Boot from the Windows 7 DVD and run a repair. Does this resolve the issues?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Unfortunately I can't do this as I have not yet recieved my backup disc in the post even though I ordered it a few weeks ago. I suppose this could be because of the postal strike.

Is there any way to download an .iso or to use the install downloads as the disc by putting some autorun/boot file on there?

Stuart

Some sites have added .iso downloads, so you might check.

Just for the heck of it, if you click your user picture on the top of the start menu, does it take you to the user accounts, and what does it say about your status?

Yes that takes me to my user account page - as does the access from the control panel.

In the page I can change my picture and password and delete my password. However all the options with the shield symbol click but do nothing, they must be giving a silent error.

Stuart

does it take you to the user accounts, and what does it say about your status?
It seems to take you to your user account, but what does it say about your status in the box on the right?

Administrator??

I have the same problem. I am a sole user of a laptop and Administrator, yet am not allowed to uninstall Office XP in order to carry out a clean install of Office 2010 Beta and receive the " System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." message

Back