Windows 7 Using printer with network switch

amos67

Honorable Member
Network works fine until I connect the printer to network unmanaged switch. Then I can't print. Also, I can not ping the printer when connected to switch. Obtaining IP address and DHCP are set to auto.

How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks to all who help.

Most home routers are also switches, so it should work without any fuss if it's truly an unmanaged switch. Have you tried a different port on the switch? What is the switch model?

You can try clearing the ARP cache on the computer and try pinging it again while plugged into the switch

I deleted the arpcache which did not help.
Then I switched the printer cable and the router cable to different ports on switch and printer works. :D:D:D

Thanks, Neemobeer

Problems connecting a network printer are usually caused by incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. This error can be fixed by special software that restores the registry and configures system settings to restore stability. You must be responsible when purchasing a printer. After all, this technique will then be responsible for high-quality printed documents and will in fact be an excellent assistant. When buying my printer, I took a very responsible approach to this. After reading a lot of information I came across 10 Best Printer for Avery Label in 2020 - Reviews & FAQ and I could easily choose a good version of the Canon PIXMA TS6220. It has been in my service for half a year and there are no problems with it.

Last edited:
Back