Windows 7 Ventrilo Voice Lag Issues

veritas310

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how many of you use Ventrilo to play online games (i.e. CS 1.6) but I've had a few minor issues with the program. For starters I've had this problem in both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of the program. The issue is sporadic but happens every time I run the program. Voice chat will appear to be working just fine, however after a few minutes you'll notice that when you talk there are no immediate responses. After a few minutes more you hear all the previous dialog linked together in one big audio stream, like it lagged and tried to catch-up in fast-forward. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping this, along with the ATI OpenGL issue will be addressed soon. Other than that, I've had a great initial experience with 7 thus far. Love the forum as well!

Mike
veritas

I also have this problem. It's so bad in fact that I can't raid responsbily. I'll probably need to go back to Vista until this is fixed - anyone resolve this problem yet?

Still having an issue with this. I have the retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate. Another issue I've had that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that when i'm using (or trying to use) Vent my mouse locks up. Any help?

I have the same lag issue with 64-bit ventrilo on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit O/S. I thought it was the server host initially but after changing server locations and noticing no end to the issue, I realized it must have something to do with my software programs and compatibility.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how many of you use Ventrilo to play online games (i.e. CS 1.6) but I've had a few minor issues with the program. For starters I've had this problem in both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of the program. The issue is sporadic but happens every time I run the program. Voice chat will appear to be working just fine, however after a few minutes you'll notice that when you talk there are no immediate responses. After a few minutes more you hear all the previous dialog linked together in one big audio stream, like it lagged and tried to catch-up in fast-forward. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping this, along with the ATI OpenGL issue will be addressed soon. Other than that, I've had a great initial experience with 7 thus far. Love the forum as well!

Mike
veritas

I too have this lag problem and think I have a work around. First run it as administrator and second run your game in windows mode ( yes this is not a fix but a work around)

yeah my ventrilo is all faukced up it lag all tha time n its 64 bit windows 7 idk but if someone know how to fix hit me up

Back