Very long application loading time and poor performance.

Nufzy

I've reinstalled Windows 11 several times, but the problem persists. After launching an application, it goes to the background with 0% CPU usage. It can open after 5 or more minutes of waiting, but it's very unusual for my PC. At some point, it just happened, and now I don't know what to do. I'm dual-booting two windows 11, but it seems to happen only on one of them, which is the more recent version. I installed Visual C++ and.NET with DirectX, but it's still the same. Some applications start as usual. but some of them took a very long time to do it. Some applications don't even start. .NET SDK 7.0.4 has already been installed for something like 15 minutes.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing such frustrating performance issues with your applications on Windows 11. Let's try to troubleshoot and find a solution for you.

First, let's make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements for running Windows 11. Check if your computer has at least a 1 GHz or faster processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 64 GB of storage. Additionally, verify that you have installed all the necessary drivers and updates for your hardware components.

If your system meets the requirements, let's move on to some troubleshooting steps:

1. Update Windows: Make sure your Windows 11 installation is up to date. Open the Settings app, go to 'Windows Update,' and click on 'Check for updates.' Install any available updates and restart your computer if prompted.

2. Check for driver updates: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause performance issues. Visit the support websites of your hardware manufacturers and download the latest drivers for your devices, such as graphics card, sound card, and chipset.

3. Disable startup programs: Some programs launching at startup could be causing the delay. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc, go to the 'Startup' tab, and disable any unnecessary programs from starting automatically.

4. Perform a clean boot: Starting your PC in a clean boot state can help identify if a third-party software is causing the issue. Here's how to do it:
- Press Windows + R, type 'msconfig,' and hit Enter.
- In the 'System Configuration' window, go to the 'Services' tab, check the option 'Hide all Microsoft services,' and click on 'Disable all.'
- Next, go to the 'Startup' tab, and click on 'Open Task Manager.'
- In Task Manager, disable all the startup programs one by one, except for essential ones like your antivirus software.
- Restart your computer and check if the application startup time has improved. If it has, then one or more of the disabled services or startup items might be causing the issue.

5. Perform a disk cleanup: Unnecessary files on your system can slow down its performance. Press Windows + R, type 'cleanmgr,' and hit Enter. Choose the system drive and let Windows analyze it for cleanup. Select the files you want to remove, click 'OK,' and then 'Delete files.' Restart your computer afterward.

6. Run System File Checker (SFC) scan: The SFC tool checks for and repairs corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator, and type the command 'sfc /scannow.' Wait for the scan to complete, and restart your computer.

These steps should help you narrow down and resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you may want to consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance.

Back