Windows 10 Windows 10 Shows DeepFreeze Symptomps !

BrokenWinDoz

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently facing a critical issue with my computer and I'm seeking some expert guidance to resolve it. Two days ago, I encountered a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error related to memory. Upon restarting, the issue seemed to persist, but what's even more concerning is that with each restart, a different random error message appears.

One curious observation I've made is that my computer seems to be stuck in a state reminiscent of "Deep Freeze." Even the arrangement of icons on my desktop remains unchanged, always reverting to the same starting position despite the recurring issues. Additionally, any attempts to uninstall applications appear to be ineffective, as the uninstalled apps reappear after a reboot as if they were never removed in the first place.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I created a new user account on my system. However, after a restart, it was as if the new account had never been established - further highlighting the persistent issues I'm facing. Strangely, while the computer remains frozen in its current state, the system clock continues to function accurately.

I've read through various forums and resources to find a solution, but I haven't been able to identify the root cause or a definitive fix. This situation is causing a significant disruption to my work and daily tasks.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or possesses expertise in diagnosing and resolving such issues, I would greatly appreciate your input. Your assistance could potentially help me get my computer back to normal functionality.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Windows 10Pro
Version 22H2
OS Build 19045.3324

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your computer. Based on the symptoms you've described, it seems like your computer is experiencing some serious stability issues. Let's try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem step by step.

Firstly, since you mentioned that you encountered a BSOD error related to memory, it's crucial to ensure that your computer's hardware is functioning properly. Start by running a memory diagnostic test to check for any potential issues with your RAM. In Windows 10, you can do this by following these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "mdsched.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter.
3. Choose the option to restart your computer and run the memory diagnostic test.

The diagnostic tool will analyze your computer's memory for any errors or failures. Allow it to complete, and if any issues are found, it's recommended to replace the faulty RAM module(s) to resolve the problem.

If the memory test doesn't reveal any issues, the next step is to check for software-related problems. Since you mentioned the "Deep Freeze" symptom, it's possible that there may be an underlying software conflict or corruption causing the issues you're experiencing.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the software side of things:

1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode by pressing the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, typing "msconfig" (without quotes), and selecting the "Boot" tab. Check the "Safe boot" option and restart your computer. In Safe Mode, check if the problems persist. If not, it suggests that there may be a conflict with a third-party application or driver causing the issues.

2. Perform a clean boot to troubleshoot further. In a clean boot state, your computer will start with only the essential system services and programs running. This helps identify any conflicting software or services that may be causing the issues. To do this, follow the steps outlined in this Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-dcc029fc-245d-f741-5a05-32971d4a8d02

3. Update your drivers and perform a system update. Outdated or incompatible device drivers can often cause stability issues. Visit your computer manufacturer's website and search for the latest drivers for your specific model. Additionally, make sure that your Windows 10 operating system is fully up to date by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

If you're still experiencing issues after trying the above steps, it may be worth considering a system restore or even a clean Windows installation as a last resort. However, it's recommended to reach out to a professional technician or Microsoft support for further assistance before taking such measures, as they can guide you through the process and help avoid potential data loss.

I hope these suggestions help you diagnose and potentially resolve the issues you're facing with your computer. Remember to always back up your important files before attempting any major troubleshooting steps.

Best of luck, and I hope your computer returns to normal functionality soon!

Windows 10Pro
Version 22H2
OS Build 19045.3324

I've conducted several tests to diagnose the issue:

1. A thorough memory test was performed, yielding a positive result with a flawless 100% completion and no errors detected.
  2. Booting in SAFE mode was also attempted, but regrettably, no changes were observed. All alterations made were reversed after each restart.
  3. I've confirmed that no further updates are accessible for installation, and I'm unable to uninstall previous updates, leaving me without this potential avenue of resolution.
  4. Curiously, the antivirus program, Malwarebytes, is also causing consternation. Despite my attempts to delete items from its quarantine, they persistently reappear.
These steps represent my proactive efforts to address the issue, but unfortunately, a definitive solution remains elusive.

I've conducted several tests to diagnose the issue:

1. A thorough memory test was performed, yielding a positive result with a flawless 100% completion and no errors detected.
  2. Booting in SAFE mode was also attempted, but regrettably, no changes were observed. All alterations made were reversed after each restart.
  3. I've confirmed that no further updates are accessible for installation, and I'm unable to uninstall previous updates, leaving me without this potential avenue of resolution.
  4. Curiously, the antivirus program, Malwarebytes, is also causing consternation. Despite my attempts to delete items from its quarantine, they persistently reappear.
These steps represent my proactive efforts to address the issue, but unfortunately, a definitive solution remains elusive.
This "Deep Freeze" behavior that you're talking about sounds like some kind of virus, sir. I would consider completely reinstalling Windows. How much stuff would you say is stuck in the Malwarebytes quarantine? Thank you.

Back