Windows 7 Video problems after win7 clean install

Beaker02

I'm going on 2 months now, pulling my hair out at this point with an issue(s) I cannot seem to solve. here's my symptoms, my specs, my steps so far to troubleshoot. Any help is appreciated.
Symptoms: My video is choppy, jumpy or fast playing in QuickTime, and Media player freezes or won't play at all. I CAN play a DVD using Media Player just fine. Audio files in SoundForge are also a little jumpy at times, but not as problematic as the video problem. But it is noticable. My webcan freezes as soon as I connect to a Skype call, or if I simply pull it up to view it.
I've installed Win 7 ultimate on an HP 64bit AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30GHz with 8gig RAM. I am running duel monitors and have no ! marks in my device manager. My display driver is a ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics. I have a HP delux webcam KQ246AA running the updated current software for win 7 from HP. My sound controller is a Realtek HD Audio. I have ran Driver Checker and it says all my drivers are up to date. I've tried reinstalling QT and have played with the direct sound option with no change. I am 99% certain it is not a virus issue as it had the problem since day 1. I am also pretty good about virus protection and cleaning anything I do get, when I get it. I am currently running AVG, Spybot, and use CCleaner about once every week.
Any ideas?

Don't know if this is related, but my soundcard also passes low level static to my speakers sence the install. not all the time, about 40% of the time. It does not change when the volume is raised or lowered.

Been a while, still not getting any bites here. I still have not been able to figure this one out. Media Player is pretty much useless. It just freezes after a frame or two. QT will work much of the time, but when it starts doing the fast forward thing your only hope is to restart the computer.

Did you try getting video drivers from the manufacturer's site? Uninstall the old one and reinstall the new one.
Joe

If you are using Hp drivers I sugest that you use drivers from Ati as the Hp ones are fairly cut down versions.
If you are using the ones tha windows 7 installed try rolling back to those.You are still better off using latest drivers from Ati though.
Hope this helps.You could also try windows 7 codecs.

Solved. Thank you both! The original win 7 drivers had the problem. Ran Driver update and it updated the drivers to a later version and showed them then to be current and correct. Problem remained so I figured, it cant be the drivers. After reading your posts, I went to ATI. Sure enough, there was one more version later. Downloaded and all is now well. Thank you!

Back