Windows 7 Videos freeze, BSOD pops up and shuts down CONSTANTLY ! ! !

gsalgado4

So I'm contemplating whether or not to downgrade to Windows XP because my PC is restarting on its own, ALOT. I know I'm going to get the BSOD when I'm watching a video either on YouTube or Windows Media Player, and the video starts getting stuck or like freezing. The video jumps on the same 2 screens and the audio skips over and over very fast.Within a minute or two of the video messing up, I will either get the BSOD or the computer will just restart out of nowhere. I am attaching 2 photos in which people have requested in other BSOD threads for any new poster to post. If anything else is needed, let me know. Thank you for any help I can get in resolving this very annoying issue.

spd.JPG

mem.JPG

Your RAM is set right, but you have mixed sized RAM.

Your Ram should be matched. Same Manufacturer, type, model, size, batch, timings etc..

Try removing the 2 x 1GB sticks and see how it behaves.

Not necessarily this is the case, but yes there is a probability the sticks might be mismatching since they are not from the same batch. Try your system with only one of those sticks in.

I removed the 2(1GB) sticks and left the 2(2GB) sticks in, problem is still persisting. I don't know what else to do. I hardly use my PC as I'm usually on my laptop so its always off, and the few times I try to use it for video viewing purposes, I always get the damn blue screen. What else can I do?

STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Usual causes:
Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

You're getting a stop0x124, which means blame the hardware. See this thread for pointers: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

Outdated drivers to update:

iaStor.sys Fri Jun 05 02:53:40 2009 Link Removed due to 404 Error

I removed the 2(1GB) sticks and left the 2(2GB) sticks in, problem is still persisting. I don't know what else to do. I hardly use my PC as I'm usually on my laptop so its always off, and the few times I try to use it for video viewing purposes, I always get the damn blue screen. What else can I do?

Motherboard slot or one of your RAM sticks may need replacement. Try the other stick in another slot.

~~~~~~~~~~~

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800764d8f8, 0, 0}
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
PROCESS_NAME: System
Probably caused by : hardware
0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

1. The hardware parts must be compatible (does your motherboard support ddr800?)
2. The hardware parts must be set as recommended by the manufacturer
3. No overclocking
4. No overheating
5. PSU may be the problem. Must be sufficient and in working order.
6. Upgrading bios to the latest would be a plus
7. Motherboard slot or one of your RAM sticks may need replacement. Try the other stick in another slot.

Hardware tests:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

Again, ensure the right settings for RAM. Wrong settings can cause stop 0x124.

Back