videos stopping

Peterr

Fantastic Member
When I click on one of a series of videos within my external drive. it will play, but at the end it stops and does not go on to the rest of the videos.
Yeah, I have many of them on that external drive. I'd like to see them play one after the other, but they stop after one play. Is there some adjustment I can make?

There could be several reasons why your videos are stopping after playing one file on your external drive. Let's explore some potential solutions:

1. Media player settings: Ensure that your media player is configured to play videos in a playlist or to continue playing files from the same folder. Check the settings of your media player and make sure it is set to play videos consecutively.

2. File format compatibility: Verify that the video files you are trying to play are supported by your media player. Sometimes, certain file formats may cause compatibility issues. You can try converting the videos to a more universally supported format, such as MP4, and see if that resolves the problem.

3. File corruption: It's possible that the video files themselves are corrupted, which can lead to playback issues. Try playing the videos on a different media player or computer to see if the problem persists. If the issue is isolated to a particular player or computer, it might be worth considering reinstalling the media player or updating your video codecs.

4. External drive issues: If your external drive is experiencing connectivity or performance problems, it can impact video playback. Make sure your drive is properly connected and functioning correctly. You may also want to try playing the videos from a different external drive or copying them to your computer's internal storage to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Insufficient system resources: Check if your computer has enough processing power and memory to handle the video playback. If your system is underpowered or running too many resource-intensive programs simultaneously, it can cause videos to stop after playing one file. Close any unnecessary programs and try playing the videos again.

6. Third-party software interference: Some background applications or services might interfere with video playback. Try disabling any non-essential software, such as antivirus or firewall programs temporarily, and see if the issue persists.

If the above suggestions do not solve the problem, it would be helpful to provide more details such as the specific media player you are using, the file formats of the videos, and any error messages you encounter.

You click on one of a series of videos, does it stop in the selected video, or does not it continue with next video in line?
If it stops in the middle of a video try clicking on next part, then you know whether either that next part is in still good shape or corrupted.
Try the same with the VLC media player, it plays almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom