Windows 7 Virtual memory resets on startup

cluedo84

Hi,

I just got Windows 7 Home Premium OEM on a brand new computer (Fresh install). Install went without a hitch. However, I started noticing that whenever I startup the computer, the "Performance Options" Window pops up on startup. I believe it has something to do with the virtual memory. I tried to change it to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and even "system managed size". But everytime I restart. It goes back to "No paging file".

Please help if you can.

I've only installed Acronis True image, Rollback RX and Microsoft Office 07. I going to install Norton 360 (ver3) before I even dare to hook up my system to the internet.

EDIT:

I also noticed this pop up when I try to set it to auto mode and I try to open the Virtual memory window again before I do a restart: "Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occured with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified"

Last edited:
I am having the same problem.

About a week ago I did a clean install of WIN7. At first it was fine. About the 3 or 4 day I started having the same problems that are listed above. Can Anyone help me fix it without a complete reinstall?

Hi Am not sure how ever this looks like mobo battery. see if replacing the battery helps

Back
Top Bottom