Windows Vista Vista can't read Vista burned images on CDR

crapvista

Can someone please help? I burned some images onto a CD using my Vista PC, but when I tried to read the disc again (with Vista), no files were found. However, if I place the disc on my windows XP laptop, it shows all the images OK. What am I missing here?

Check your drives website to see if there any firmware updates..

I've looked at the updates that need to be installed and none related to burning CDs, only related to monitor, .Net Framework and network. and I'm also not sure about the UAC thing. I'm the administrator to the Pc so I should be able to view everything.

Could you post the make of your CD/DVD drive and I'll check it out for you..
Sometimes the UAC interfere's in ways which is beyond reason and I would definately give it a try. If it doesn't work then just turn it back on..

It's Go Tech Computerware CD-Recordable 1x-16x compatible. Capacity- 700MB.
Kemical- thanks for your persistence in this matter. Worst case scenario, I'll try burning a DVD this weekend, and then I'll know for sure if this DVD writer is working or not. My DVD writer is a Samsung 22x SATA DVDRW.

Hi,

Samsung have an exccellent update utility which can be found here:

ODD Support

You basically install the software and it automatically updates your drives firmware to the latest version. In your case this may prove to be a solution..

I've updated my firmware and I think it is something to do with how I've burned the disk as I found problems burning to DVD. So, I'll consider this to be resolved. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom