Windows Vista Vista Installation Problem

randyv2003

I have tried installing Vista on my computer approx 10 times both the clean install and the upgrade. I have downloaded it several times and burned it to DVD a couple of times. While installing i get through the copying Windows files, Gathering Files and when I get to the Expanding Files I get to approx the 85% and i receive an error message saying "an Error Occourred While Laying Down Images". Anyone have an idea what is happening? I have an AMD Dual x64 and have tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions with the same outcome. I have formatted and deleted partitions with my hard drive before installing. Thanks for any help...

There's a possibility that it may be a hardware issue. Check your cd-rom drive and ide ribbon cable connections.

I have tried installing Vista on my computer approx 10 times both the clean install and the upgrade. I have downloaded it several times and burned it to DVD a couple of times. While installing i get through the copying Windows files, Gathering Files and when I get to the Expanding Files I get to approx the 85% and i receive an error message saying "an Error Occourred While Laying Down Images". Anyone have an idea what is happening? I have an AMD Dual x64 and have tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions with the same outcome. I have formatted and deleted partitions with my hard drive before installing. Thanks for any help...
You might have an issue with your burner.. I suggest getting the DVD set from microsoft (it's like $6 USD... if it is shipped inside the US). and, if you are using an Opteron64 CPU, you can use the 64bit DVD that is shipped with it (the kit ships with both versions of the 5600-build). The only issue that I had was a sound card driver (which I fixed). over.

Back