Windows Vista Vista nightmare continues

U

Unregistered

I am having so many problems with my Vista computer, even though it comes on a clean install. Aside from the regular crashes, my CPU usage and fan run high on even limited applications. (watching a 1 minute spot commercial on WMP, for example, sets off my fan like a plane propeller).

I notice a lot of problems result from the sleep mode function of the OS, I notice others have said the same thing.

Really, I am so disappointed here. :( And, no, I am not a basher. ALL OF THIS IS TRUE.

Well you've come to the right place.... :)
Whats your system spec and are you running SP1?

I have the same exact issue that started when I loaded SP1. can't get the notebook to wake up after it goes to sleep and I need to force it to reboot.

HP Pavilon note book
DV2736

I've had this problem on my new HP laptop, after a search on the net i went to the hp site and downloaded a bios update (easy to do even for a novice like me) this seems to have solved it, but tomorrow who knows? This is my first pc after always using macs both professionally and at home, and maybe i just have to get used to it but there seems to be one problem after another:(

Back