Windows Vista Vista No Sound(SoundMAX Issue)

NyC

I'm having a problem with my Gateway4538 computer when i first got it was running on Windows XP. Then i reformatted 2 years later and installed Windows Vista now when i tried installing SoundMAX(Sound driver only driver this computer can use) i get a message saying SoundMAX doesn't support this OS. went to gateway they wont assist me because warranty has expired(they sux) so now it's beeen months and i have a soundless computer any ideas. i believe SoundMax is only Sound driver that will work on this computer cause thas what it came with and to top that i tried a few other which obvoiously wont work cause its not soundmax.

Sad Sad memeber and hey nice site.:(

Please see the Similar Threads below this post that may help you. In one instance, a copy to possible drivers is linked. I did a quick Google search and couldn't pull up anything right away, but I'm sure the drivers are out there for you.

I took a look at the threads below and tried those drivers on my computer no help. I'm guessing imma have to backup everything and go back to Windows XP which i don't want to do. if no one can help me i guess i'll do that.

We need ro know the exact model number of your SounsMax card

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Yes, the make and model of your sound card would be of great help

I don't know i tried my best filling it out im pretty sure no one will find a solution for me :CRYING: because gateway not even helpful them selves.

Yea i know they keep saying the same thing and it is not. Says it clearing on the back. Before my father past he purchased this computer and i dont have a clue where he got it from but the model number is correct. Dont kno wats good with serial number. im using Gateways serial number look up thing been loading for ever so i dont have a clue wats going on. but all i know is i need to find Soundmax driver for Vista but i been googling and it seems like one was neva created for Vista.

Back